Senior QA Consultant
ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. We’re dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, agile and open-source. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems.
Our Senior QA’s are the glue that hold projects together. Our primary objective is faster delivery of quality software from idea to consumer. We're looking for amazing people to join us in Manchester.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will work with different customers as part of a ThoughtWorks team to deliver bespoke software solutions
- You will work with different customers across various domains as part of a ThoughtWorks team to help deliver bespoke software solutions
- You will collaborate with different team members across the program to make sure quality is embedded in both processes and technology
- You will demonstrate experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), behaviour-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- You will have experience of using open source test tools and test frameworks
- Spike and learn new test tools depending on various project recommendations
- Deep dive into new business domains to help teams analyse, test and build quality software
As a Senior QA at ThoughtWorks, you must have :
- A rich breadth of experience in testing web, API and mobile fundamentals
- An eagerness to do what it takes to get the job done. Whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a period of time you thrive at adapting to changing environments
- Having presence in test communities by either speaking / attending conferences
- Experience helping clients shape delivery/product plans based on statistical analysis of data
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about project location, and willing to travel as part of your role. We currently have projects based around the UK so many of our consultants travel every week.
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.
The roles are based in Manchester, UK and will offer a competitive salary. The opening date is 16th March 2018 and close on the 13th April 2018