ThoughtWorks India is looking for talented engineers passionate about building large-scale data processing systems to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
You will be responsible for -
- Building complex data processing pipelines, as part of diverse, high energy teams
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by our Data Scientists
- Hands-on programming based on TDD, usually in a pair programming environment
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
- Advising clients on the usage of different distributed storage and computing technologies from the plethora of options available in the ecosystem
Ideally, you should have -
- Minimum of 4 to 8 years of overall industry experience
- At least 3+ years of experience building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
- Production-level hands-on experience working with HDFS, Java MapReduce, Hive, Apache Spark, Oozie etc. are a must
- Hands-on experience in coding with Java / Scala / Python
- Good understanding of streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming.
- Solid understanding of YARN, Mesos, MPP Databases, SQL-on-Hadoop solutions like Impala etc.
- Understanding of security mechanisms for Big Data clusters like Kerberos; is nice to have.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Senior developers (7+ years) are expected to be the Architect for small and large enterprise projects. On larger projects, you are expected to work closely with the fellow architects to come up with the architecture and take it further.
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through teamwork, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
We operate in six cities in India - Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, Pune and Hyderabad. If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!