Get the kind of challenge you love
Fascinating clients on the one hand. Passionate software developers looking for problems to solve on the other. You’ll be the bridge between the two. It’ll involve a lot of open and honest communication. It’ll mean getting to know businesses inside out. Finding out what their software must achieve, how it will be used and then generating the ideas our developers draw on to create custom applications. Work with clients across a variety of sectors and make sure the business-critical software solutions we develop delivers real business value every time. Our Senior or Lead Business Analyst / Product Manager play a key role in project success.
As a Business Analyst / Product Manager, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Facilitate and lead workshops that generate ideas and content for solutions
- Be part of custom software teams helping to disrupt industries
- Help companies achieve true, differentiating outcomes
- Be instrumental in the analysis and design of complex business applications in the latest technologies
- Be an expert in agile and continuous delivery principles and practices, and facilitate organizational transformations
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Travel the world
- Learn something new everyday
- Speak at conferences; write blogs and books
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with teams to deliver software; ideally as part of a consulting organization
- Experience unearthing the root cause(s) of a client’s pain points and validating a business opportunity or problem
- Have an understanding of business processes and drivers in medium or large scale organizations
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies (e.g. Scrum and XP)
- Demonstrable experience or aptitude in agile analysis approaches
- Strong workshop and session facilitation experience
- Experience with modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Able to define key objectives and ‘to-be” state, identify success factors, and comprehend constraints, challenges and risks
- An understanding of how the roles of product, SME, experience design, analysis, development and quality assurance work together to build great software. Orchestrate collaboration by removing roadblocks and fostering communication
- Experience as a trusted and valued partner of the product owner and business stakeholders
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholder(s)
- Ability to articulate the “big picture” of the solution to delivery and client teams to understand cross functional inter-dependencies and impact
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Openness to contradictory opinions and flexible in your thinking
- A willingness to jump into projects and situations and make sense of ambiguous details in multiple domains
- An understanding of traditional development approaches, and the ability to compare and contrast benefits of each
- Champion the processes and practices of the Agile and Lean methodology
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- A genuine passion for quality software - and the know-how to get from sketch to code
And here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ThoughtWorks.
- A real commitment to “changing the face of IT” -- our way of thinking about diversity and inclusion. Over the past ten years, we’ve implemented a lot of initiatives to make ThoughtWorks a place that reflects the world around us, and to make this a welcoming home to technologists of all stripes. We’re not perfect, but we’re actively working towards true gender balance for our business and our industry, and you’ll see that diversity reflected on our project teams and in our offices.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new approaches and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- No pigeon-holing: at ThoughtWorks, there’s no applying to new roles. With time, you’ll build trust and credibility and move easily into new roles if you’re inclined, like trying out life in a QA or XD’s shoes.
- Miles on miles. As consultants, we travel to the client sites every week. At first, you’ll likely travel domestically, but with time, you’ll find opportunities to travel around the world (and rack up some major points along the way.)
- Support to grow as an analyst outside of your role at ThoughtWorks. This is why ThoughtWorkers have written over 100 books and can be found speaking at (and keynoting) tech conferences all over the world. We love to learn and share knowledge, and you’ll find a community of passionate technologists eager to back your endeavors, whatever they may be. You’ll also receive financial support to attend conferences every year.
- An organizational commitment to social responsibility. ThoughtWorkers challenge each other to be just a little more thoughtful about the world around us, and we believe in using our profits for good. All around the world, you’ll find ThoughtWorks supporting great causes and organizations in both official and unofficial capacities.
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so ThoughtWorkers should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.