With more than 20 years of IT experience, Sriram helps clients improve the performance of their Digital, IT (build & run) and product management organizations with a focus on the "system" (systems influence behavior). He is the author of Agile IT Org Design, a book that describes a complete tech operating model (ways of working) for digital, organizational agility. Enterprisers Project—a joint initiative of Harvard Business Review and the CIO Magazine—featured the book as a must-read for CIOs in 2016. It was also featured in a digital leaders reading list.
In particular, Sriram helps:
- Redesign budgets, org-structure, etc. to move from projects to products-mode with pull-based delivery.
Implement Cleararchy to organize hierarchy for the digital age.
Strategic in-sourcing advisory.
Redesign the so-called "software-factory" to optimize for delivery cycle time instead of utilization.
- Get the business org on-board through benefits-audits and pilot programs.
- Review chargeback mechanisms between departments and propose changes to avoid counterproductive behaviors.
- Tear down walls between departments labeled as digital, product, tech, engineering and IT.
- Reform staffing, tooling, governance, metrics, internal bureaucracy. Read why.
- Address issues arising out of Bimodal IT, SAFe.
Earlier, he served as:
- Director of innovation
- Member of the ThoughtWorks technology advisory board - the group that publishes the tech radar.
- Leadership development coach
- Market-facing Product Owner