Wilmington, Delaware, USA
We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
As a Technical Principal for one of ThoughtWorks’ Financial Services clients, you have total responsibility for the technical delivery on the client engagement. You are likely to have in-depth knowledge and background in the banking and finance domain.
Here’s what you will bring:
- Experience of incrementally transforming legacy finance technology (monolithic systems, batch based mainframe systems, vendor packages) to modern technologies and practices, to increase time to market, performance and data freshness.
- Deep understanding of at least one of the following business domains:Investment Banking, Retail banking, Payments or Funds Management
- Expertise in multiple technologies (including Java, .Net, Ruby/Scala/Clojure etc) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc.
- Experience as an architect and leading and inspiring software development teams
- Understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role
- Any experience building and leading an offshore/outsourcing function would be highly beneficial.
- Solid understanding of the following areas (with practical experience in several):
- One or more public cloud offerings along with value added services such as message queues, databases, etc.
- Cloud native architecture styles (domain-driven design, microservices)
- Infrastructure as Code (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
- Modern security practices (SAST, DAST, IAST, RASP)
- Modern API platform design (REST, gRPC, etc.)
- Modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into customer applications)
As a Principal Consultant at ThoughtWorks here is what you will do:
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Provide technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Formulate and articulate the technical and political implication of real-world solutions.
- Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks.
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team-wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction.
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
- Drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team.
- Exploit opportunities for networking and relationship building that arise out of delivery activities.
- Create and support sales activities.
- Code! We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style.
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.