Want to work in an inclusive, supportive environment where you can freely voice your ideas and opinions?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Our Graduate Consultants jumpstart their careers with a trip to ThoughtWorks University (TWU): a five-week training program in India or China (seven weeks virtual at present). When you return home, our Graduate Experience Lead will provide continual on-boarding support to help you settle into ThoughtWorks. And it’s important to call out that we consider tech talent from all walks of life. Whether you’re a Computer Science major with less than 1 year of professional experience, a coding boot camp graduate or a “career changer” who is working toward becoming a software developer, you have the opportunity to join our community.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will pair to write clean and iterable code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences for a variety of clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Tackle a variety of challenges for clients of all industries, while collaborating with new teammates from diverse backgrounds
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience working as a developer
- You understand analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- You’re willing and able to commit to traveling in the future
- You thrive in a collaborative and un-hierarchical environment
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to create meaningful solutions for business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
To apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter. We would love to learn a bit more about you and understand why you can't wait to be a ThoughtWorker.
We are currently only recruiting for our next intake of the 2021 programme which will start in May 2021.
At time of application we will ask about your working rights in Australia. Documentation will be requested during the recruitment process.