We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
As a Principal Consultant at ThoughtWorks, you have total responsibility for technical delivery on a client engagement so you are likely to have a rich breadth of industry experience.
Here’s what you will bring:
- Expertise in multiple technologies (including Java, .Net, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Scala/Clojure etc) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc.
- Experience as an architect or leading and inspiring software development team.
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment.
- Significant software development and infrastructure architecture experience in designing and architecting enterprise web applications.
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries.
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role.
- Experience working with CTO/COO to create technical strategies.
- Any experience building and leading an offshore/outsourcing function would be highly beneficial.
As a Principal Consultant, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Provide technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Formulate and articulate the technical and political implication of real-world solutions.
- Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks.
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team-wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction.
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
- Drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards.
- Be an inspiration for innovation to the client.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team.
- Exploit opportunities for networking and relationship building that arise out of delivery activities.
- Create and support sales activities.
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
- Code! We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style.
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.