ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech. Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
We work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign UI platforms using latest tools and technologies. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Lead Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. They leverage their deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess their team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Create scalable UI systems that are delightful, performant and accessible
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for highly talented peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
If you would like to...
- Work with all kinds of crazy developers, Business Analysts and demanding clients to design and build new features.
- Pair with UX designers to build out design concepts and interactive prototypes
- Pair with developers to ensure that the presentation layer is implemented in accordance with best above best practices and UX specifications
- Produce clean, semantic HTML and CSS, striving along the way for pixel perfection.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility and responsive web design.
- Make things shrink, twist, rotate, run across the page and fade (tastefully).
- Build scalable CSS frameworks.
- Build accessible web-apps which can be used by anyone.
- Work in an Agile environment.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 9+ years of relevant front-end development experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in the latest framework and underlying state management and data flow patterns.
- Strong understanding of Web Accessibility
- Strong understanding of HTTP, multi-tiered web architectures and latest web standards.
- Experience in:
- Creating complex CSS layouts using CSS first principles.
- Creating reusable component libraries and working with design systems
- CSS preprocessor like SASS, SCSS, LESS, stylus or CSS-in-JS
- Creating mobile-first experiences, should understand how responsive layout
- Knowledge of various CSS design methodologies like BEM, OOCSS, Atomic CSS etc. is good to have
- Good to have understanding of user experience principles and basic web design skills
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience in writing Unit tests following TDD using any testing framework like Jest, Jasmine, Protractor etc. and maintaining healthy test coverage
- Working knowledge of Node, Webpack, Babel and other build and UI infrastructure tools.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration tools
If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please apply online. We want to hear from you!