ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy. Over our 25+ year history, we have partnered with our clients to solve ambitious business problems where technology is the differentiator. When the only constant is change, we prepare you for the unpredictable.
Our diverse leadership is comprised of courageous boundary breakers who bring a future-focused approach to our vision. As part of the ambitious growth of our global business and marketing offering, we are looking to hire a Global Head of Corporate Communications to work closely with our CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) and our wider business.
Overall you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of Group Corporate Communications plan and budget - embedding a strategic corporate narrative that supports the business aims of the organisation.
- Strategically develop the brand and overall management of ThoughtWorks’ reputation to create opportunities that delivers value for the business.
What to expect:
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer:
- Corporate Communications- Press and Media Relations
- Brand strategy and management
- Analyst Relations
- Community relations
- Strategic partner to the CEO and Executive Leadership team
- Leadership and Employee Communications (support role)
- Investor Relations (support role)
- Crisis Management (in partnership with legal and compliance)
- Ownership of corporate narrative, messaging, corporate Q&A document, crisis comms and issues management
- Ownership for annual report and other plc/corporate communications publications
- Direct all communications activity in support of corporate transactions and the financial calendar
- Ownership of press, media and analyst relationship overall strategy and global communications plan
- Support the development of the company’s internal communications strategy
- Provide counsel and direction on ways to effectively use internal communications to help build engagement and achieve business goals
- Work as a business partner with senior executives to support community initiatives as well as lead the internal communications community to understand the needs and ‘mood’ of colleagues to ensure communications are the most effective
- Maximize the deployment of measurement approaches to track the effectiveness of communications across the business
- Champion the use of common approaches and actively encourage a creative and proactive culture across the functions and markets.
- Live the ThoughtWorks purpose and values
- Think big, think beyond: Get results; listen, then speak; enable autonomous teams; take results; cultivate others
- Leadership and Employee Communications (support role)
- Set direction and manage complexity
- Agile approach in navigating short-term delivery and long-term sustainability
- amid (oftentimes) competing performance and reputational pressures
- Seizing the opportunity and leading change / setting the strategic direction for the next five years
- Understand trends, anticipate the need for change and lead major transformation
- Ensuring future success by continuously learning and dealing with strategic or operational risk
- Deliver results through great teams
- Role model aspired company culture
- Creating a compelling vision which inspires and brings others in the wider team into alignment
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in communications within a global organisation
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and adaptability, with the ability to move seamlessly across global business cultures
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to balance both the strategic and tactical
- Solid judgment and good instincts
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to bring effective leadership to the team in times of uncertainty
- Intellectual curiosity, agility and durability and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Persuasive and a skilled influencer
- High level of attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading transformational activity
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with our digital leaders by joining Perspectives, our network for business insights in technology.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
By filling the “I Accept” checkbox and submitting this form you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
ThoughtWorks collects your personal data for the purposes of managing ThoughtWorks’s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, ThoughtWorks may use your personal data to complete activities in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants, such as arranging interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results and initiating final recruitment. Personal data that you provide via this website, including your curriculum vitae (CV), as well as any other personal data that may be gathered in the course of the recruitment process for the position you are applying for, will be incorporated into a data filing system managed by ThoughtWorks for the purposes of managing and coordinating your application. We keep your data only for as long as necessary to perform these activities and to meet other statutory requirements..
You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you are of legal age, (ii) the personal data provided is updated and accurate; and, (iii) no personal data from third parties has been provided.
Your CV will be held and processed for recruiting processes currently underway or that may be initiated in the future by ThoughtWorks for a maximum duration permissible under the law applicable to your personal data and consistent with our Records Management Policy.
You also expressly consent to the international data transfer, including outside the EEA, of your personal data to the following entities, ThoughtWorks Inc. acting as data controller for the purposes of administrative handling and internal processing of your application (200 E Randolph St, 25th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601-6501, USA), and Greenhouse (Greenhouse Software, Inc., 110 Fifth Ave., New York, NY) acting as data processor on behalf of ThoughtWorks.
Since ThoughtWorks is part of a multinational group and job positions that could be of interest to you may be also offered in other locations, by clicking the “I Accept” button you also expressly consent to transfer your personal data to other ThoughtWorks group entities for recruiting purposes (as listed on https://www.thoughtworks.com/contact-us#offices).
We will also use your submitted data, when specifically requested by you, to send you information related to the additional subscriptions or other services which you may have chosen in the attached form.