Bangalore , India
About TW Data University - Data Engineering Program
The Data Engineering Development program is a multipart program designed to build data engineering capabilities within ThoughtWorks. The three main parts of this program are:
- Application & Selection - Selecting candidates for the training
- Training - Training the candidates to be experienced enough to be staffed as an individual contributor at a client project
- Applied Learning - Staffing candidates on targeted data engineering assignments
As part of the development of this programme, we are looking for 2 Data Engineering Trainers to join us in helping grow our internal capability and develop our technologist (from Graduates to Technical Principal level consultants). These roles will be 12 month fixed term contracts with potential for future work (future work not guaranteed).
Key requirements of a Trainer
- Passionate about Data Engineering
- An experienced developer with at least 3-4 years of practitioner experience in data engineering and infrastructure
- Comfortable coding in Scala using the Spark API, configuring AWS infrastructure with Terraform and configuring Kafka
- Practical hands-on experience in dealing with some of the big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop/HDFS, etc.
- 2-3 years of experience in delivering training in Data Eng training program
- Besides having the technical skills necessary, should uphold ThoughtWorks values and be a skilled facilitator