ThoughtWorks seeks to solve our clients’ toughest technology problems in the most effective way. We hire talented, passionate people and empower them to work collaboratively and innovatively to deliver the highest possible value to our clients - fast. In everything we undertake we are seeking to improve working practices with the ultimate aim of revolutionising the IT industry.
We are a technology consultancy with an enviable track record of delivering real business value. We are in growth mode right now and are looking to hire great Developers!
As a Polyglot Developer at ThoughtWorks, you’ll get to:
- Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work with amazing people to make the solutions a reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where your talent is valued over your job title or years of experience
- Build custom software using the latest technologies and tools
- Craft your own career path
- You'll be responsible for:
- Creating complex, enterprise-transforming applications on diverse, high energy teams
- Using the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding, usually in a pair programming environment.
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality code
- Working in lots of different domains and client environments
- Understanding the business domain deeply and working closely with business stakeholders
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Passion for software engineering and a craftsman-like attitude towards code.
- Development and delivery experience with Java, .NET, Ruby, iOS, or Android. Expect to show us a bit of your talent
- Analysis, design and implementation of large-scale custom-built Object-Oriented (OO) applications
- Keen on working in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse set of people to solve real business problems
- Openness to or experience in pair programming, with Developers as well as other roles like Quality Analysts
Bonus points if you have:
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code etc,
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc
- Active participation in the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Proficient in English to communicate and collaborate with co-workers and clients from all over the world
* At this stage we are looking for people who are already based in Thailand, to join us in shaping and growing our newly opened Bangkok office.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).