We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
As an Infrastructure Developer / DevOps consultant, you are responsible for ensuring that the team and client have an understanding of operational requirements, and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services.
This involves hands-on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together so communication is essential to ensure stuff is not missed. You will be depended upon for advice regarding the cross-functional aspects of user stories which may not always be obvious from the start. Watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls are all within the realms of an Infrastructure Developer at ThoughtWorks.
In addition to technical skills, at ThoughtWorks we also need excellent coaches so your patience and a desire to take others along with you is absolutely key. If this sounds appealing then we want to talk to you!
In an Infrastructure Developer role at ThoughtWorks, here's what you'll bring:
- Extensive experience working with server virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and PaaS cloud (AWS, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.)
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- An eagerness to learn enough and improve everyday.
- Scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Golang, etc.)
- Proficiency in building Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on a daily basis
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, GoCD)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, Tomcat, Websphere, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Collaborative, team focus
- Excellent communication skills
In an Infrastructure developer role at ThoughtWorks you'll get to:
- Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work with amazing people to make the solutions a reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience
- Develop your career outside the confines of a traditional career path
- Build bespoke software using the latest technologies and tools
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.