ThoughtWorks is an all-round open environment that inspires and thrives on creative thinking. Welcoming people from all backgrounds to join us, we are looking for someone with an “outside the box” approach to problem solving and a genuine enthusiasm for technology.
We’re looking for an individual to join our multinational Europe-wide IT team based in Madrid. Some previous experience is preferred but not essential, but a willingness to learn and take on a new challenge is key. The role is practical; we’ll show you how to solve hardware problems, whilst working alongside and learning from smart colleagues with years of experience of all backgrounds and nationalities. We expect from you a lot of curiosity and willingness to work autonomously and collaboratively.
Some of what you’ll learn with us:
- The role is based in our office, but you will be shown how to remotely assist Consultants who work in many locations across Europe.
- ThoughtWorks primarily works with Macbooks; you will need to troubleshoot them, allocate and distribute them to fellow ThoughtWorkers when they start in the company, or when their machine is being repaired.
- Consultants love to use accessories and tools for their laptops; it will be your responsibility to make sure we have everything they need to succeed in their roles.
- There will be opportunities to connect with other colleagues around the world. We use collaboration tools (like Zoom and G-Suite) to communicate and share ideas.
- We’re often heavily involved in setting up new offices around Europe! This is key and will be a chance for you to use your creative side, as well as learning how to deal with business strategy and constraints to come up with new ideas of how we can make ThoughtWorkers experiences better.
There’s some travel involved - everything you learn about supporting the office you are in can be applied to all our offices across Europe, and normally every other month there will be a short trip to help support a fellow office or team member.
Learn more about the team here
If this role sounds exciting to you, then we look forward to hearing from you! Please send us your CV with a cover letter or short introduction video through our website.