Join us, step up and take over the reins in our Melbourne office as our new Office Manager. You will be a guardian of our culture and play an integral part in bringing our Melbourne community together.
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for our next Office Manager in Melbourne. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Melbourne office as well as supporting the Australian Operations team (including Recruitment, Travel, Marketing, Finance and People Support)
You will be self-motivated to do whatever it takes; from day-to-day duties like responding to enquiries to making the office a fun and exciting place to be. Being able to work autonomously and the ability to build relationships and rapport with people from various functions is what would make you a great fit for this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ordering office, kitchen and stationery supplies, as well as the weekly team Friday lunch
- Assisting with and coordinating with internal and external events
- Managing office equipment and maintenance
- Managing external relationships with vendors, suppliers and building management
- Managing the budget for office costs, including using the procurement system
- Driving community events in the office, helping to build and grow internal and also external community events & meet-ups
- Assisting the People Team with the monthly new hire inductions
- Supporting Work, Health & Safety within the office
- Other activities related to supporting the efficient operation of the office as necessary
- Keeping the office and meeting rooms tidy
- Travel booking for Melbourne business travel using our travel tool
You’ll bring the following:
- Strong computer literacy (GSuite and Mac)
- A fun flair and outstanding customer service mindset
- Global spirit. You have worked with people from all different cultures and are keen to welcome ThoughtWorkers from all over the world to get settled in Melbourne and/or Australia
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and to manage your time efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Being proactive about helping the business where needed
We know that this sounds exhausting, but your energy and positive spirit means that you can handle all of the things that happen in a busy office. We’ll keep you busy, but we’ll also make sure you enjoy working with us. You’ll have all the free snacks you can handle, an active social club and you’ll get to work with some great people.
If you're the kind of person who just gets things done and that everyone likes working with, we’d love to hear from you.