ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We are dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organisations with ambitious missions - whether in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. ThoughtWorks aspire to be a better business and strive to have a positive impact in the world. We are a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals. We are seeking passionate technologists who share our mission. We want hackers, philosophers, activists – courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving.
As a Lead Technical Business Analyst Consultant, here’s what you will do at ThoughtWorks:
- Learn something new everyday
- Travel the world
- Speak at conferences
- Write blogs and books
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Facilitate and lead workshops that generate ideas and content for solutions
- Orchestrate the collaboration between Product Owner, Business sponsors, Subject matter experts, Experience designers, Testers, and Development groups by removing roadblocks and fostering communication
- Be instrumental in the analysis, design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Facilitate in organisational transformation solution-ing and execution
- Mentor and evangelise Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
Here’s the skills that we need you to bring:
- Demonstrated strong experience working successfully with teams to deliver custom software within a consulting organisation.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Ideally come from a development background, or have technical understanding of software build/development
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholders
- Strong facilitation experience
- Experience in working internationally
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Openness to contradictory opinions and flexible in your thinking
- A willingness to jump into projects and situations and make sense of ambiguous details in multiple domains
- Experience with modeling business processes utilizing a variety of tools and techniques
- An understanding of traditional development approaches, and the ability to compare and contrast benefits of each
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- A genuine passion for quality software - and the know-how to get from sketch to code
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Many of our consultants travel every week and travel home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
The position is based in London, salary for the position with be competitive. The opening date for applications is 19th February 2019 with the closing date for applications: 19th March 2019.