Lead Experience Designer (m/f/d)
We are looking for passionate lead experience designers who care about innovation through design and technology. You are a strong advocate for the best design practices and love learning new skills as well as mentoring others.
This role requires significant experience and the ability to shape a new client engagement, coach other team members, provide design leadership and be comfortable supporting a team and working with clients on site - but our flat organisational structure also means you'll be someone who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy.
What really excites you is problem solving and delivering innovative technology solutions that create value for people and organisations. There are opportunities to make an impact beyond your day-day project too - our consultants regularly speak at conferences, get published and provide thought leadership as experts in experience design.
As a Lead Experience Designer (m/f/d) at ThoughtWorks you can look forward to:
- Working on delivery focussed, design-led technology engagements helping German and international clients transform their businesses and to develop new digital products and services.
- Leading the research activities on experience design projects, employing different methods such as contextual inquiry, moderated interview, experiments, user testing and the like, and advising clients and training colleagues on these methods
- Inspiring unique approaches to product design, with great workshop techniques and tools and be able to facilitate client brainstorms and internal sessions with diverse colleagues including business, user experience and technology professionals.
- Creating inspiring design hypotheses for delivery teams to work with, and be familiar with multidisciplinary technical teams at TW and the client to bring to life design with delivery teams
- Empowering a valuing self-driven team and supporting it into appropriate actions
- Contribute to the development of design methods, tools, and new and emerging techniques within the growing experience design community at ThoughtWorks
Here's what you'll bring:
- Minimum 9 years experience in at least three specific areas of design such as user research, service design, digital product design, interface design, visual design or other
- Minimum 2 years experience of empowering and supporting a small-mid size team
- Ability to create a wide range of experience design deliverables either by yourself or collaborating with designers and developers - deliverables including journey maps, service blueprints, roadmaps, prototypes, design systems, UI and visual design
- Clearly communicate, innovation and design concepts to clients and colleagues using the methods & tools that best illustrate them
- Strong collaboration skills to work with small cross-functional delivery teams on projects, providing on the job training and support on all aspects of experience design methods and tools
- Proactively manage ThoughtWorks stakeholders and engage with other aspects of the client’s business on the impact of experience design deliverables and manage project scope, risks, and updates
- Fluent German and English language skills and you like to travel a lot