Infrastructure Developer (DevOps) (m/f/d)
As an Infrastructure Developer (DevOps Consultant) you take responsibility for ensuring the ThoughtWorks team and client are aware of the operational and infrastructure requirements for software delivery. You’re directly involved in building and testing deployment pipelines, automated provisioning of infrastructure and infrastructure support services. You will be depended upon for advice regarding the cross-functional aspects of user stories, as well as watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls
In all of this you are driven by the passion and desire to take others along with you on your journey, teaching and mentoring with patience and purpose. If this sounds appealing then we want to talk to you, because ...
- You are the Ops in DevOps: You know what DevOps stands for. You like spreading the knowledge behind software delivery, shared responsibility and infrastructure operations through close collaboration and pairing in cross-functional teams. You are a strong advocate within your team for writing clean code, designing and testing software systems and applying common infrastructure patterns.
- You are hands-on: You are ready and willing to get involved from day one, building cutting edge infrastructure, using the latest technology in provisioning and configuration management including support services like monitoring, recovery and alerting.
- You know how to work the cloud: You are very familiar and proficient in topics like virtualization, PaaS and IaaS. Resilience, performance and scalability are most important to you. You have a comprehensive and deep understanding of the architecture behind distributed, connected services and environments.
- You are a servant leader: You have excellent communication skills and treat your peers with respect. You are a patient and resourceful coach and teaching others, to you, is as important as being taught.
- You get the job done: You have an eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools and tricks are needed in order to accomplish your goal. You promote a lean and agile work environment through pragmatism and continuous improvement.
You have experience in some of these areas:
- Virtualization: Docker, KVM/QEMU/XEN, VMWare, Virtualbox, Vagrant
- Cloud/PaaS/IaaS: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google App/Compute Engine (GAE/GCE), Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, CloudFoundry, Openshift
- Infrastructure provisioning/testing: Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack, Habitat, Serverspec, Goss, InSpec
- Programming languages: Java/Scale/Clojure, Golang, Rust, Ruby, Python, Shell scripting
- Linux/Unix: Debian/Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS
- Continuous Delivery: GoCD, Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, ConcourseCI
- Web servers/Application servers: nginx, Apache, Traefik, Tomcat, Jetty
- Databases: MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL, Oracle, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Version control: Git, SVN
And this is what you can expect:
- ThoughtWorks offers centrally located office spaces which enables agile and productive collaboration with a startup flair.
- You will receive a public transportation card, a personal development budget, training leave, a company pension scheme as well as an accident and business travel insurance.
- To do a great job, we provide you with a high-end Macbook Pro and libraries in our offices.
- Fruits, snacks and beverages are offered, next to a company lunch and learn session on each Friday. We also enjoy spending time together by playing ping-pong or doing other fun activities in the office.
- Besides our famous Annual Party, you can join us for a summer party, regular Office get-togethers, local office days, AwayDay and other social events.
- We are a global community of technologists and like to share our knowledge - not only within the company. ThoughtWorks supports you in writing articles, doing meetups or speaking on conferences - if you like.
"Free to make your mark. Free to be yourself."
You are always welcome here. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.
What are you waiting for?
So, you can see yourself at ThoughtWorks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your LinkedIn/XING profile or CV today!