We're looking for an experienced Head of Technology for Thoughtworks Finland to lead our technology strategies and choices in the Nordics and in the global community of technologists! With roots in custom systems and Agile software delivery, we’ve been at the forefront of defining the tech principles used by some of the world’s most successful organizations and have been leaders on diversity and inclusion in the tech sector. Join us to build Thoughtworks in the Nordics and to create extraordinary impact together!
As a Head of Technology you will drive our technology strategy and make sure our technology influences not only technology decisions but also business decisions and how we are viewed in the technology community internally and externally. You will guide our clients by doing hands-on principal-level technical work focusing on the Nordics region. You will be working closely with our service line leads and sales. You will be part of the country leadership team in Finland and drive the business decisions together with the rest of the leadership team.
You will also be part of the global technology leadership team which is led by Rebecca Parsons. Globally we are known, for example, for our leadership in Agile - our Chief Scientist, Martin Fowler, is one of the original signatories of the Agile Manifesto. Also, Martin and James Lewis began the microservices revolution with this article. The most popular automation tool today, Selenium, was invented by Thoughtworks.
For a technologist, this is a one-of-a-kind opportunity.
Thoughtworks in Finland
Before joining Thoughtworks we were known as Fourkind, a strategic AI consultancy that focused on pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with AI and emerging technologies. Since 2021, we have been part of Thoughtworks and our team in Finland consists of 40+ data science & machine learning consultants, data engineers & architects, software engineers, strategic business designers and experts in project management, sales, marketing, operations and recruitment. Backed by a leading global organization, we have the core of Thoughtworks’ 30 years of experience, commitment to sustainability and social justice, responsible tech and pioneering solutions to the Nordics. Working with Fortune-500 companies, our team has the knowledge for solving our clients’ toughest challenges and building organizational resilience to navigate the future.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be in a unique position to help shape the technology strategies and choices in the Nordics and on a global level at Thoughtworks.
- You will gain valuable experience in country-level management and operations of a worldwide technology advisory.
- You will be part of the global Head of Technology community, and learn and gain insights from 20+ Head of Technologies in other Thoughtworks countries.
- You will help our clients across multiple sectors for example in healthcare and life science, cleantech, energy, utilies, finance and retail to solve their complex challenges. Read more about the work we do.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of our thought leaders around the world and possibility to contribute through various different ways. We have published over +100 books, written digital publications and are top contributors to open source. Learn more about Technology Radar - our opinionated guide to technology frontiers.
- As technologists, you have a unique role to play in ensuring technology benefits all of society, toward a more equitable future. In 2022, we achieved our significant global DEI goal as women and under-represented minority groups (e.g. ethnicity, religion, neurodiversity) account for 40% of our Thoughtworkers world-wide.
- be responsible for our technology strategy and expertise across our operations & sales in Finland & in the Nordics
- do hands-on principal-level technical work for our clients mainly in the Nordics region and ensure we can deliver software excellence now and in the future
- develop future technical leaders in Thoughtworks Finland and find new Thoughtworkers through recruitment and retain talent in the community
- work with our sales to win technically innovative and aligned work
- inspire, foster and build a strong, connected and diverse technical community and thought leadership both internally and externally
- foster the development of the Thoughtworks brand in Finland and in the Nordics
- support and advise on the technical delivery of projects and support our tech leads across the client portfolio of Thoughtworks Finland
- define areas of focus in Finland from a technology perspective that combines the needs and direction of our global organisation
- be part of the global community of Heads of Tech, indirectly reporting to the global CTO Rebecca Parsons
- be Part of the country leadership team at Thoughtworks Finland, reporting to the Managing Director Jonne Heikkinen
- strong experience in software engineering and software architecture
- wide generalist knowledge of different aspects of software engineering (backend, frontend and data engineering
- firm grasp of software engineering best practices and techniques such as agile & lean development, cloud-native design and microservices, knowledge of machine learning is a plus.
- previous experience and interest to inspire, nurture and coach talent to help foster the next generation of technologists
- ability to assess and ideate upcoming technology trends and their impact on the technology consulting business within the Nordics and in a global level
- similar value base that what we believe in - social responsibility, inclusiveness, diversity and equality are at the center of our culture
- effortless communication skills on both with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- knowledge from the Nordic market
- excellent skills in in English, Finnish is a bonus
- existing consulting experience considered a plus
Date Posted: 03-29-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and software engineering to leverage digital innovation. For over 28 years, our customers have trusted our autonomous teams to create solutions that go beyond the obvious. Here, people starting their careers in the field join experienced technologists, software development self-taught people, career transitioners and more, learning and challenging each other. Professional journeys are developed based on our culture of cultivation, recognized by several awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and grow with us. Together, our curiosity, innovation, collaboration and dedication are extraordinary.
Gracias por tu interés en unirte a Thoughtworks. Un miembro de nuestro equipo de Reclutamiento revisará tu solicitud tan pronto como sea posible.
Mientras tanto, revisa nuestra página de Vida de Consultoría para aprender más sobre el impacto extraordinario que Thoughtworkers generan en clientes, la industria de la tecnología y entre sí.
Por favor, ten en cuenta que valoramos la privacidad: toda la información que nos envíes a través de tu solicitud online se mantendrá confidencial para Thoughtworks.