As a Principal Infrastructure Consultant, you will provide strategic and tactical leadership on accounts, establishing and maintaining trusted advisor status through high-impact client interaction. By empowering Thoughtworker engagement through cultivating high-performing teams, you will continuously deliver undeniable value to our clients, contributing to the growth and scale of our evolving business. Ultimately, the health of an account is a reflection of the capability and efficiency that you cultivate. You’re able to zoom in and out of detail with ease when necessary.`
- You will start new projects, build business context quickly and apply it to modernising existing architectures and in some cases building new cloud architecture
- You will help bootstrap backlogs, as well as build and support high performing teams of cross-functional engineers and cloud specialists
- With a fast moving technology landscape, you will keep up with current trends and advances in the software-defined infrastructure and cloud domains, and make recommendations across each account and community you interact with
- You will act as a trusted advisor to your client by building key relationships and understanding the market and trends that could impact them
- You will assess client needs and develop cloud strategy and proactive proposals needed to deliver value to our client
- Speak to the value of our delivery and how it maps to client vision, goals, and initiatives
- Continuously deliver undeniable value by ensuring the high performance of Thoughtworks teams on the account and proactively manage risk with the client
- You will bring in ideas that will help custom software development and foster an environment that enables co-creation teams to do their best work
- Cultivate Thoughtworker growth and development by encouraging feedback and fostering an inclusive, supportive team culture
- Give and receive regular feedback to help the Cloud and Infra communities both internally at Thoughtworks and for our clients teams
- Ensure security, privacy, and legal compliance across the account
- Expect to code; expect not to code; ultimately you will have to decide how best to influence the team and your stakeholders
- You have built complete cloud infrastructure which have served production workloads in a resilient and scalable way including (but not limited to) network topology, storage, IAM, security, ingress/egress, autoscaling, monitoring, logging, alerting.
- You could design, build, and operate a secure production Kubernetes cluster, then speak to how you might serve internal developer customers to help them accelerate their own four key metrics.
- You’ve coded at least one Infrastructure as Code language such as Terraform, CloudFormation and/or used IaC toolkits like Pullumi, CDK.
- Perhaps you used to build infrastructure using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, or built custom deployment code using Python, Perl, or bash, but know that these are limiting, given the current technology landscape
- You have hands-on experience in more than one of the major cloud providers and you’ve made decisions in the past that have resulted in an organisation choosing one cloud vendor over another.
- You have a track record of managing the scope and shape of programs of work
- All infrastructure you build is via code and using automated delivery pipelines
- You grasp automated testing as it relates to infrastructure
- You’re happy collaborating on platform strategy with C-suite clients one day, then breaking down architectural problems with developers the next day.
- You have experience with project management, third party contractual agreements, client management & pre-sales, client reporting and up-selling
- You're comfortable chairing meetings, conducting reports, providing technical sales support and keeping budgets in check
- You might consider yourself post technical(!), but that doesn’t hold you back from spending a few hours a week writing and reviewing code
- You have a natural ability to establish and nurture relationships with senior leaders across an organisation
- You thrive in situations where you are given little to no direction and have the ability to lead, organise and deliver commitments on time and within budget
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don't shy away from risks, instead you take them on and skilfully manage them
- Empathy comes naturally to you and you use it to build solid working relationships and resolve issues quickly and thoughtfully
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.