Why should you apply?
For every successful team, there's a Project Manager: the organizational and operational whiz who ensures that everyone has what they need to deliver on time. Project Managers are able to simultaneously work backwards and forwards, creating release plans, building delivery roadmaps and establishing the inclusive dynamics that a team needs to succeed. We’re on the hunt for a project manager to not only thrive in client cases but also ramp up our PM processes, upskill others in PM tasks and set the benchmark for all future projects to come. You will be our very first full-time project manager in Finland and we’re looking at you to create the foundation for a scalable project management workflow and develop it on the go. You’ll be encouraged to experiment and challenge the status quo as well as pick and choose best practices from our global community of PM’s. You won’t have to do it alone though, as you’ll be surrounded by an incredible group of talents from our global PM community all the way to engineering, data science and strategic design and work together with them in building a workflow that ensures top-notch delivery for our clients. If you’re up for the challenge, we’re excited to tell you more about this first-of-a-kind opportunity to make your mark and grow with us.
- Coordinate all project workstreams and encourage all team members to participate in decision making
- Support and inspire incredibly talented delivery teams while discussing problems, risks, results and progress of the project
- Create and oversee release plans for iterative and incremental delivery of value and be accountable for iteration planning, tracking, reporting, delivery scope, prioritization, estimates, risks, and financials for the client engagement
- Bring innovative and fresh ideas to project management, pushing the boundaries of how project managers can deliver exceptional business value
- Orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Establish a delivery roadmap and plans that support the client's business strategies and objectives
- Facilitate a group of intelligent, talented, and opinionated professionals who work together as a team and ensure a healthy project environment for people, boosting team performance
- Establish an effective relationship with the client, including mediating disagreements in order to maintain the health and productivity for everyone involved
- Ensure that the Thoughtworks team delivers what the customer is expecting and be a coach and provide feedback, directing the development of each team member
- You have ample experience managing enterprise projects with end-to-end responsibility of project delivery
- You're comfortable with release planning, estimation, capacity planning, proposal building, contract negotiation and managing project financials
- An understanding of data & AI type of engagements and various software development approaches. The ability to consult clients on the best approaches applicable to their scenarios
- You like the idea of a flat hierarchy and enjoy facilitating and organizing sessions to promote collaboration
- Bonus points if you've project managed distributed or co-located teams
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don't shy away from risks, instead you take them on and skillfully manage them
- You are seen as a coach and mentor, taking the time to motivate others and influence teammates to take positive action and accountability for their work
- You're a natural leader with a track record of encouraging teammates in their professional development and relationships
- Cultivating strong partnerships comes naturally to you: you understand the importance of relationship building and how it can bring new opportunities to our business
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
How to apply?
Follow the steps below and send in your CV and/or application if you think this is the opportunity you simply can not miss. As the summer holiday season is going strong, we want to make sure both you and us are enjoying the summer sun as much as possible and therefore will start the interviews first thing in August. Please send in your application before the 31st of July so we’ll be all set to speak to you in August!