How would you leverage your technical expertise to create extraordinary impact for our clients?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. You will leverage deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess your team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
You’ll spend time on the following:.
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilise DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
- uses data, information and insights in order to drive future strategies
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience with two or more development languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, Golang, Python, NodeJS, Comfortable with microservices architecture, governance and integration.
- You can skillfully write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with Object-Oriented programming, Experience with relational or no-sql database
- Comfortability with Agile methods (Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban) and Comfortable with Git, and one or more CI/CD tools (GoCD, TFS, Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Gitlab, CircleCI)
Technical Skills (Nice to have)
- Working knowledge of cloud technology (AWS, Azure), Containerisation and mobile development.
- Working knowledge Test Automation Strategy and Governance aspect for cybersecurity
Domain and Soft Skills
- Good domain knowledge in Fintech and its associated processes including Deposits, lending & payments, insurance, corporate banking, capital markets. Technically integrated/worked with various banking systems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives, Good understanding of the problem statement and high listening skill. Translating technical and functional requirements to a clean and maintainable code.
- Presence in the external tech community: you proactively share your expertise with others via speaking engagements, contributions to open source, blogs and more
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems