Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. We are 9,000+ people strong across 48 offices in 18 countries. Over the last 25+ years, we’ve delivered extraordinary impact together with our clients by helping them solve complex business problems with technology as the differentiator.
As a recently publicly listed company, Thoughtworks looks to grow and accelerate our journey in building our organisation in key sectors through the right talent, clients, approaches, and engagements.
To move this forward, we are establishing/expanding our Netherlands (Amsterdam) office and are searching for a passionate and driven individual to lead the creation of a local footprint, business development and shape our NL Demand Team. This is an exciting opportunity to define future and current demand pipelines during a start-up and scale-up period of significant growth and evolution of service offerings.
The role of Head of NL Demand has full profit and loss responsibility, overall responsibility for the establishment of the long-term business function and to nurture and grow a Netherlands (and possibly Benelux) blue-chip client list.
The role will report to the NL Managing Director and will be a core member of the Global Sales organisation.
This is a pivotal commercial role with the responsibility for owning the management of future (and some existing) strategic clients, as well as for driving business development plans. Thoughtworks have forged excellent links at the highest levels with many of the major players in the industry and we are looking to extend strategies to amplify these relationships, ensuring sustainable growth based on the quality of our people and our work.
Key role responsibilities:
- You will have overall revenue responsibility as an executive leader, encompassing management of multi-year revenue growth goal objectives and long-term exploration of new markets and business propositions.
- You will have responsibility for the cultivation, evolution, and safeguarding of all NL business development and strategic sales activities, in partnership with the Thoughtworks Europe and Global Senior Leadership Team.
- You will lead the NL Demand organisation, encompassing new strategic client acquisition, existing customer portfolios and nurture indirect partnership channels.
- You will form a close partnership with NL and global management and Marketing teams to protect Thoughtworks positioning, differentiation in the market and to foster energy and support for developing new market propositions.
- You will build investment strategies to strengthen and progress the sector through a multi year evolutionary approach.
Key capabilities sought:
- You will have led and developed high calibre teams looking to thrive in frenetic fast-growing conditions and have the ability to bring order, structure, and direction.
- You exemplify high EQ and IQ in order to work with empathy in an organisation with a very creative culture of talented people.
- You are an extraordinary communicator, who can influence at board level, while being flexible and adaptable enough to collaborate with internal teams on complex delivery solutions.
- You can bring in a broad network of industry contacts to improve and strengthen Thoughtworks’ presence in the market, and to develop our external technical communities.
- Your networks within the community will ensure that we are adept at attracting and retaining the best talent, who you can motivate and derive the best from.
- You have a strong position in the local (NL) industry and community, which includes in depth knowledge of local market dynamics, a strong network of contacts and fluent command of the Dutch language.
- You manifest a track record of fostering growth and the experience of handling in excess of €10-50M worth of globally distributed business per annum.
- You should be technically astute in the latest technology trends and practices including Enterprise IT Strategy, Digital Transformation, Cloud, Data, AI/ML, Customer Experience, Platforms and Legacy Modernisation.
- You are well versed in agile and lean practices and programmes, and should be able to demonstrate functional understanding of how these projects are executed.
- You have excelled at Executive level customer relationship management, and can thrive via a reciprocal and non-hierarchical work style.
- Whilst this is a fully commercial role, Thoughtworks are a “technology at core” and “client first” organisation. We have found that technical leaders who possess a deep understanding of the key aspects of agile and lean practices can often navigate our organisation ethos and goals for these sector lead roles more adeptly than traditional Commercial Managers or Directors. With this in mind Thoughtworks are seeking a broad range of key skill sets to match the very exciting proposition we are working towards.
(We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.)
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call Thoughtworks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!