Are you able to simultaneously see the big picture while understanding the minutiae of a project? Do you excel when you need to switch between business and technical context?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
What happens when you have fascinating clients with challenging problems on the one hand and passionate software developers looking to build future-focused solutions on the other? This in-between is where Business Analysts reside, acting as a bridge between the client and team. You will spend time determining what outcomes software must achieve, assessing how it will be used, and then generating bold ideas with our developers to create custom applications. You will work with clients across a variety of sectors and ensure the business-critical software solutions we develop deliver real business value every time.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Understand a client’s business problems in order to build, maintain, and evolve product roadmaps to generate impactful solutions
- Assure effective collaboration between ThoughtWorks’ and the client’s teams, encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes
- You will be analyzing the as-is situation and together with the clients, creating solutions (personas, epics, stories, etc) to maximize value
- You will facilitate analysis workshops through “innovation games” with senior client stakeholders to outline business vision, objective, product roadmap and a project release plan.
- You will help companies from a variety of industries achieve true, differentiating outcomes and engage with and influence senior business stakeholders on the client side.
- You will be an effective liaison between the client and a team, your team will consist of SMEs, C-suite executives, developers, quality analysts, tech architects, user experience designers, project managers, etc to manage the product backlog and keep an eye on the software delivery.
- You will conduct workshops and work on custom software teams helping to disrupt industries
- You will work in agile teams that facilitate organizational transformations for medium- and large-scale businesses
- You will be involved in the Analyst community to share knowledge, mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a track record of delivering impactful software, ideally on a collaborative software delivery team
- You have attention to detail, a practical approach to the day-to-day work of story-writing and delivery, and can draw a line directly from an overarching client strategy to your team’s outcomes
- An interest in coaching others and experience leading a team, sharing your experience and knowledge with teammates
- You enjoy unearthing the root cause(s) of a client’s pain points, validating a business opportunity or problem and partnering to deliver a solution
- You are well versed with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery methodologies and love to mentor others
- You understand how businesses operate and have experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques to facilitate requirement elicitation sessions
- You design and facilitate workshops with business stakeholders to outline the business vision, objective, product roadmap and a project release plan
- You have a knack for prioritization, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You’re resilient and flexible in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from technical and business perspectives
- You are well-versed with tech trends and can relate them to real-world business challenges at a program or project level
Thoughtworks has a full time remote policy, which states that any Thoughtworker will be able to work from home indefinitely anywhere in Spain. Due to COVID-19 our offices are partially open to provide support to employees who require more space and facilities than they have at home. Once this situation improves and following government's recommendations, our offices will be fully opened for anyone who might be interested in working from the offices.
Please don't hesitate to speak with your recruiter about any requirements or concerns you may have.