Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy. Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant (timely!), build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines.
You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. They leverage their deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess their team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
Location: You can work from one of our offices in Bucharest, Iasi or Cluj-Napoca, or remotely from Romania.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilise DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have substantial experience with two or more development languages such as Java / Scala / Kotlin / Clojure
- Previous experience developing frontend applications with frameworks like React, Angular, Vue
- You can skillfully write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with Object-Oriented programming
- Comfortability with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS / GCP / Azure, Kubernetes and Docker
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including competitive compensation package, flexible working hours, private medical subscription – you can choose from 2 providers, and free gym and pool subscription or annual holiday bonus.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call Thoughtworks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!