Vapasi, a #TalkTechToHer initiative from Thoughtworks helps experienced women technologists who are currently on a career break, resume their tech journeys. The last 18 batches of Vapasi tailored for Developers and Quality Analysts saw more than 250+ women participate in the returnee program. Many of our Vapasi graduates are enjoying productive career paths at Thoughtworks and other companies.
This free and Thoughtworks certified technical training program will sharpen attendees’ programming and testing skills. The tools at hand are hands-on sessions, mentoring engagements, multiple interactions with leadership and fellow Vapasi’s next edition is especially designed for technical trainers, a first-of-its-kind training program. It’s aimed at supporting developers who happen to be women and are on a break. This edition will help them explore a career change within the technology domain.
Due to COVID-19 and in accordance with health and safety guidelines, our 19th batch of Thoughtworks Vapasi will be a virtual one.
Here are some quick facts on the training program
Vapasi’s next edition is especially designed for technical trainers, a first-of-its-kind training program. It’s aimed at supporting women developers who are on a career break, explore alternative career opportunities in the technology domain.
During the program we will help equip you with skills required to become a technical trainer who can develop, plan and deliver training programs. You’ll learn about how to mentor and support the trainees in their growth. This program will make you more adept at public speaking, coaching individuals, and leading a team.
Here are some quick facts on the workshop
Eligibility criteria for technical trainer
Duration : 3 weeks ( February 2 - February 23, 2022)
Timings : Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Eligibility Criteria :
- A career break of a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years
- Two or more years of experience as a software developer, prior to the break
- Basic understanding of Java or any Object Oriented Programming languages.
- Willingness to explore teaching in the Socratic Method is preferred
- Experience conveying nuances of Object Oriented design and tradeoffs is preferred.
- Experience in training design and delivery is preferred.
- Laptop/ desktop with a stable internet connection
Last date to register : January 18, 2022