Thoughtworks is looking for an in-house legal counsel to join our APAC Legal Team. You will mainly support the Australia business, with some support to our Singapore and Thailand business. You will have opportunities to work on a wide range of matters and collaborate with different business functions within Australia and globally.
You will spend time on the following:
- Review and draft legal documents and contracts (e.g., NDAs, Master Service Agreement and vendor agreements)
- Research and provide legal advice on legal and compliance requirements
- General commercial and contractual risk management
- Work closely with the Demand, Finance, People and InfoSec teams on various matters to support the business
- Support the business in contract and record management and tracking
- Coordinate with colleagues from other Group companies outside of Australia
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A qualified lawyer with 3-6 years experience
- Experience in contracts, corporate or commercial law is highly advantageous
- Interest or experience in legal matters regarding technology or intellectual property is helpful
- You want to make a real impact on our growing business
- You are seeking opportunities for growth and you thrive in environments that are dynamic and agile, which can also be ambiguous at times
- You have strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- You are able to collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds and also work independently with minimal supervision in some cases
A flexible working arrangement is supported and expected for this role.
Candidates must hold Australian/ New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency at time of application.
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
We are a community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As ThoughtWorkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.
What's on offer
All Thoughtworkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books.
Other benefits include a large network of mentors and coaches, generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, a monthly health and wellness allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches.
If you’re ready to find your home at Thoughtworks, click to apply now!
Not quite ready to apply? We invite you to stay in touch with Access ThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).