UK Financial Analyst, Thoughtworks
Maternity cover (1 year fixed contract)
Thoughtworks is a publicly owned global technology and consultancy that builds customer software applications to help digitally transform businesses. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients’ toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change. We work with a range of clients from media to banking to NGOs. With offices in 17 countries and 48 offices (at last count!), we’re passionate global citizens, aiming to have a huge impact on the world.
Thoughtworks is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst for our UK region to drive immediate impact with the monthly financial performance, commercial review and stewardship, forecasting and budgeting process. A successful applicant will be CIMA qualified with previous FP&A experience and will be expected to proactively identify risks and opportunities from a commercial point of view and work cross-functionally with members of the country and global teams to implement solutions to add value to the business.
This position will be based in the UK and will report to the UK Head of Finance. The Finance Analyst will also work closely with the Global Shared Services Team(s) in India and China.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Responsible for monthly revenue recognition, ensuring any contract terms are correctly accounted for i.e. volume discounts. Evaluation of actual results by client to forecast & plan
- Ensure that all the UK departmental financial analysis reports are completed on a monthly basis by managing and guiding a junior team member with revenue analysis.
- Responsible for explaining any movement on gross margin (travel, revenue, salary, utilisation and ABR) to key business stakeholders
- Partner with Client Leadership Teams and Business Development teams to ensure revenue forecast accuracy.
- Support a junior analyst with the review and pricing for commercial contracts up to £1M and own the review of new contracts and extensions with current clients over £1M.
- Identify areas of improvement to increase Gross Margin by working closely with the delivery stakeholders (Business Development, Client Leadership Teams, Staffing, People team and Head of Delivery).
- Understand impact of vacation and salaries on gross margin and client gross margin.
- Have a good understanding and analysis of utilisation per grade and activity to share key insights with business stakeholders.
- Responsible for the standard costing review to ensure the agreed rates with clients allow the company to achieve the target gross margin.
- Create and maintain a close relationship with the Client Leadership Team on each account to obtain a good understanding of account performance (Scorecard and Client Gross margin).
- Work closely with the UK Head of Business Finance (HoBF) and the Financial controller to deliver the forecast and ensure all the risk and opportunities are identified and accounted for.
- Own together with the (HoBF) the local annual planning process.
- Working closely with the Controller to ensure all revenue is explained and understood on a monthly basis to help drive commercial discussions and decisions.
- Monthly management accounts – assisting in the review P&L, balance sheet and the preparation and posting of journals
- Own and deliver detailed monthly variance analysis for regional submission to Global Finance Team
- Provide ad hoc analysis and support to key stakeholders as required
Here’s What You’ll Need
- FP&A experience at management level – CIMA qualified.
- Excellent communications skills with friendly and upbeat attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good knowledge and understanding of forecasting and budgeting in a consulting environment
- Experience of implementing new business processes and reporting
- Working remotely with some travel to the office for face to face meetings.
- Flexibility in approach. Proactive and ability to utilise own initiative.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call Thoughtworks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!