Know what it takes to transform organisations to make them fit for the digital era?
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. We think disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. Aiming to create extraordinary impact on the world through our culture and technology excellence, we come together as inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark.
We’ve been home to some of the world’s leading technologists for over 25 years. As the changes of the digital era continue to disrupt organisations and industries alike, we are helping our clients in a variety of ways beyond the technology itself.
From supercharging software delivery capabilities, to value-driven portfolio management; digital capability building to execution of full-scale organisational transformation, we partner with our clients to ensure they have the right strategies and capabilities to get the most out of their investments in technology.
We’re looking for some special people to join us in this mission. You’ll partner with clients, understand their ambitions, co-create a transformation vision and make it real through a variety of different styles of engagement.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will partner with your client to understand their context and needs, explore solutions and make the case for change
- Both during specific pursuits and through contact with teams on existing accounts, you will frame client problems, understand the relevant challenges and opportunities and matching these to relevant Thoughtworks services
- Get involved with demand processes in a pre-sales capacity, creating proposals, shaping engagements for clients and helping to educate both client and colleagues about the value of our services
- Working generally as part of a team, deliver engagements for clients in a way which is both effective for the client and operationally sound for Thoughtworks
- Help to shape the Digital Transformation & Operations service line, both with your insights on client needs and market influences, but also through repeatable practices which will help us to scale
We’ve been leaders in the Agile movement from the beginning and along with Lean, we like to utilise the best thinking out there, but our approach is non-prescriptive. We’re focussed on making sense of our clients’ unique situations, so we need people who understand the capabilities a modern digital business needs, while having the empathy to recognise that every transformation journey is different.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- You have experience transforming organisations. Whether through upgrading engineering and delivery practices, shaping new digital experiences and building the teams that create them, or leading change in structure or ways of working, you’ve helped to drive digital change, working at all levels from developer to executive.
- With a problem-solving mindset and practical orientation, you have the ability to make things happen. Gained in consulting or client roles (most likely a combination) you have a broad toolkit that includes core skills in analysis, facilitation, and great written and verbal communication, you’re equipped to shape transformation at scale, while also being able to create value for clients in a variety of consulting situations.
- You’re driven to help clients to understand and respond to digital change in a diverse range of ways, whether that’s expanding their capabilities, embracing new ways of working, or adopting an operating model which better enables them to grasp new opportunities.
- The impact of digital reaches a long way across organisations, but technology is never far away. While you don’t need to be from an engineering background, you do need to be comfortable around technology and understand how it can be used to connect strategy to outcomes in the digital era.
We work across sectors, so you don’t need depth in any particular industry, but you should recognise the importance of context in delivering trusted advice to clients. Similarly, you recognise that running a sustainable business is a key element of delivering value to clients, so you’re commercially astute and understand the impact of your activities on ThoughtWorks’ business.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call ThoughtWorks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!