What happens when you have fascinating clients with challenging problems on the one hand and passionate software developers looking to build future-focused solutions on the other? This in-between is where Business Analysts reside, acting as a bridge between the client and team. You will establish the outcomes software must achieve, assess how it will be used, and then generate bold ideas with our developers to create custom applications. You will work with clients across a variety of sectors and ensure the business-critical software solutions we develop deliver real business value every time.
- Partner with teammates to understand and articulate a product vision for clients
- You will facilitate workshops that generate customized business solutions
- You will help companies from a variety of industries achieve true, differentiating outcomes
- You will assess the as-is situation and collaborate with clients to create artifacts (personas, epics, stories, etc.) to maximize value
- You will facilitate analysis workshops through “innovation games” with senior client stakeholders to outline a business vision, objective, product roadmap and project release plan
- You will liaise between the client and your team consisting of SMEs, C-suite executives, developers, quality analysts, tech architects, user experience designers, project managers, etc. to manage product backlogs and keep an eye on software delivery
- Collaborate with teammates on the analysis and design of complex business applications using the latest technologies
- You will be involved in the Analyst community to share knowledge, mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- You will work in agile teams that facilitate organizational transformations for medium- and large-scale businesses
- You have a track record of delivering impactful software, ideally on a collaborative software delivery team
- You have attention to detail, a practical approach to the day-to-day work of story-writing and delivery and can draw a line directly from an overarching client strategy to your team's outcomes
- You enjoy unearthing the root cause(s) of a client's pain points, validating a business opportunity or problem and partnering to deliver a solution
- You are well versed with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery methodologies and love to mentor others
- You understand how businesses operate and have experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques to facilitate requirement elicitation sessions
- You have a genuine passion for quality software and know how to get from sketch to code
- You have a knack for prioritization, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You're resilient and flexible in ambiguous situations and enjoy solving problems from technical and business perspectives
- An interest in coaching others, sharing your experience and knowledge with teammates
Other things to know
Language and travel requirements
Though our offices are located in Milan, neither relocation nor attendance to the office are required, meaning that if you are not based in Milan we will not ask you to relocate.
On the other hand, flexibility for business trips is required as our teams sometimes work on client site.
For this role we require also an advanced level of the Italian language (B2 or above).
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Date Posted: 06-08-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Gracias por tu interés en unirte a Thoughtworks. Un miembro de nuestro equipo de Reclutamiento revisará tu solicitud tan pronto como sea posible.
Mientras tanto, revisa nuestra página de Vida de Consultoría para aprender más sobre el impacto extraordinario que Thoughtworkers generan en clientes, la industria de la tecnología y entre sí.
Por favor, ten en cuenta que valoramos la privacidad: toda la información que nos envíes a través de tu solicitud online se mantendrá confidencial para Thoughtworks.