Are you ready to elevate the role of the People function in a market-leading consulting company as we continue to revolutionize the Tech world? Thoughtworks is a thriving community of digital natives that operates in a contemporary, lean, flat environment with the mission of creating an extraordinary impact on the world through our culture and tech excellence.
As part of our Leadership Team, the Head of People for Germany will own all people related activities, give guidance to the business and drive constant change to take people operations to the next evolutionary step, enable and grow our people to run a sustainable business that champions software excellence, revolutionizes the IT-Industry and passionately advocates for social- and economic justice.
Operating in a matrix environment, the Head of People will work closely with the German Leadership team, and with the Global People Team and CoEs as we evolve together into a better integrated organization that leverages our scale while supporting our Thoughworkers in Germany.
You will lead the Germany team on all People related matters, including:
- Articulating a compelling People vision and strategies, and engaging others through execution of these strategies
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders to understand the challenges of the consulting business and develop people operations to meet people and business needs
- Passionately lead and develop the People team by giving guidance, clearing roadblocks and applying an individual development approach, empowering the team to live up to stakeholder expectations
- Implement best practices in the People space to assure high quality Thoughtworker experience, internal communications, capability development, retention of our talent, succession planning & performance management
- Expertise and experience in implementing the performance reviews and compensation strategy.
- Coach and advise Thoughtworkers on highly complex employment issues, and positively resolve conflicts in line with local regulations.
- Contribute to leading and further developing the German business as part of the German Leadership team
- Manage budget and external parties, such as payroll provider, local public bodies, visa agencies
- Travel to offices and client sites to meet with people for relationship building & support
- Expertise in People Operations, Organizational Development, Talent Development, Employee Relations, Performance and Change Management and German Labor Law
- Expert knowledge of hands-on HR topics and highly experienced in a comparable leadership role
- Passion for people and strong ability to give guidance and build strong relationships
- Open and agile mindset, strong advocacy and leadership capabilities
- Drive, Business Acumen, strong sense of Ownership, Entrepreneurial Attitude
- Experience working with Shared services to streamline and scale HR Operations.
- Experience in operating and influencing in a multicultural environment, driving Change and executing strategic People programs
- Excellent command of German and English
Other things to know
Learning & Development
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other to be our best, and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Date Posted: 02-23-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Gracias por tu interés en unirte a Thoughtworks. Un miembro de nuestro equipo de Reclutamiento revisará tu solicitud tan pronto como sea posible.
Mientras tanto, revisa nuestra página de Vida de Consultoría para aprender más sobre el impacto extraordinario que Thoughtworkers generan en clientes, la industria de la tecnología y entre sí.
Por favor, ten en cuenta que valoramos la privacidad: toda la información que nos envíes a través de tu solicitud online se mantendrá confidencial para Thoughtworks.