Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. You will leverage deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess your team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
Location: You can work from one of our offices in Bucharest, Iasi or Cluj-Napoca, or remotely from Romania.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will have to rewrite / replace the existing monolith with microservices. The code will be rewrite in Ruby.
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients.
- Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices.
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems.
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong Ruby on Rails knowledge. Nice to have: Java / Python / Kotlin / C# / GO.
- Previous experience developing web applications, API, Microservices and Elasticsearch.
- You can skillfully write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with Object-Oriented programming.
- Comfortability with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban.
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed.
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
- Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS / Azure, Kubernetes and Docker.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including competitive compensation package, flexible working hours, private medical subscription – you can choose from 2 providers, and free gym and pool subscription or annual holiday bonus.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call Thoughtworks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!