We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionise the IT industry and create positive social change.
The role of Immigration and Global Mobility Lead is a fundamental part of ThoughtWorks’ UK operations team. Thoughtworks would like to hire someone who understands the impact that Immigration and Global Mobility will have on the growth of our organisation and contribute accordingly. As an Immigration and Global Mobility person you will be accountable for all aspects of Immigration & Global Movements in and out of the country, including the best execution, customer service, policy application and reporting, with a focus on continuous improvement. Reporting to the Global Head of Global Mobility, with dotted line reporting to the Head of People UK.
- Manage the full assignment life-cycle, handling a caseload of international assignees to and from the UK
- You will be responsible for all sponsorship license management including internal audits, certificate renewal, keeping up to date any changes to organisation, keeping up to date any changes to individual Sponsored employees etc
- Management of all UK Right to Work checks including all Visa renewals and audits
- Being on hand for various Immigration advice to all employees on various types of working Visas
- Having a strong sense of accountability for all that is entailed in immigration and global movements processes in and out of the country
- Vendor management and liaison with service providers including; immigration, relocation and taxation
- Providing advice to internal stakeholders on global mobility policies and compliance topics as well as support any questions relating to mobility
- Proactive contributing to the strategic Global Mobility collaboration, projects and working groups to standardise assignment management processes and structures within Thoughtworks and steering the change in the country
- Supporting tax, social security, immigration management and compliance for international assignments - along with the Global Expat Tax Services Team
- Profound working experience in a comparable position in an internationally operating company
- Excellent working knowledge of UK Immigration and Global Mobility practices and relevant legal, tax and social security laws
- Exposure to global business operations, with a strong preference for knowledge of nuanced regional differences in cultural and assignment practices
- Understanding and application of companies International Remote Working Policy
- Desirable skills - working knowledge of agile methodologies, transformational / centralisation experience, and working knowledge of Technology industry
- You must have experience and proven track record in holding Level 1 User on the UK Sponsorship Licence and ability to hold this position
- Both people oriented and analytical skill-set to drive actions throughout the organisation with a strong stakeholder orientation
- Great interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, persuasion and team orientation and a structured working style
- Proven ability to work productively both independently and in a team in fast-paced and agile environment
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure, prioritise and manage workloads
- Curious, flexible, positive and proactive with a willingness to learn and take on different tasks
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
What we offer
- All Thoughtworkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books
- Other benefits include a large network of mentors and coaches, generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, a monthly health and wellness allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.