Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. We are 10,000+ people strong across 48 offices in 17 countries. Over the last 25+ years, we’ve delivered extraordinary impact together with our clients by helping them solve complex business problems with technology as the differentiator.
As a recently publicly listed company, Thoughtworks looks to grow and accelerate our journey in building our organisation in key sectors through the right talent, clients, approaches, and engagements.
HEAD OF PEOPLE UK (FTC 12 months)
Thoughtworks crafts solutions that cover the entire lifecycle of large-scale problems for our clients from ideation through implementation, in complex technical environments. We offer consulting, design and delivery development and advisory services to help our clients define their strategy, solution architecture and deliver outcomes that provide tangible business benefits.
We are looking to continue our journey in building perfection in all our key sectors through the right talent, clients, approaches and engagements.
Our mission is to create extraordinary impact on the world through our culture and technical excellence. Are you ready to shape the future of the people space in a market leading consulting company of digital natives without outdated hierarchical leadership functions and style? As part of our UK Leadership Team, you will own all people related topics and initiatives, give guidance to the business and drive constant change to take people operations to the next evolutionary step, through engagement.
What you can do:
- Deliver on an ambitious strategy and plan for 2022, leading on several key initiatives on wellbeing, talent management and coaching
- Manage and advise on People Support, Learning and Development, DE&I and Payroll
- Oversee and be responsible for shared services delivery into the UK for Reward, Global Mobility, Shared Services and Talent Management
- Work in partnership with Recruitment and Staffing functions to deliver a holistic people experience for Thoughtworkers
- Manage cultural aspects to nurture our culture
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders to understand the challenges of the consulting business and develop people operations to perfectly meet people and business needs
- Passionately lead and develop the People team by giving guidance, clearing roadblocks and applying an individual development approach, empowering the team to live up to stakeholder expectations. This includes embedding a Talent Business Partner structure and developing best practice partnering capability
- Implement best practices to assure high quality people experience, internal communication, capability development, key employee retention and succession planning and performance management
- Ensure that the Thoughtworker experience is in place and running according to people and business needs, e.g. onboarding, review, capability development, reward, employment law etc
- Partner with the global people operations team to evolve and mature our people policies and processes to ensure that proper controls are in place and an appropriate level of compliance is met
- Build and sustain the Thoughtworks cultivation network
- Contribute to leading and further developing the UK business as part of the UK Leadership Team (UKLT) and as a member of the Professional Services Leadership Team (PSLT)
- Business Partner with Client Service Teams / Delivery Principals Operations Teams / Staffing / Recruiting
- As a member of Global Head of People, build strong connections and collaborate with Thoughtworkers in the global talent and people team, shaping best practice and contributing to evolving the practices, principles and goals of the people space at Thoughtworks
- Manage budget and external parties, such as payroll provider, benefit brokers and coaching vendors etc
What you bring:
- Passion for people and strong ability to give guidance and build strong relationships across all functions and markets as required.
- Open and agile mindset, builds strong advocacy in the people space
- Demonstrates effective leadership capabilities
- Drive, business acumen, strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial attitude
- Experience in operating and influencing in a multicultural environment,
- Driving Change and executing strategic people programs
- Expertise in People & organisational development, employee relations, performance- and change management and UK employment law
- Demonstrable HR experience
- Fluent business English speaking
- Visible leadership and strong engagement style
- Approachable and nurturing, recognised as a fair and caring leader - who gains credibility quickly and easily across the UK and wider business
Considerations and partnership relationships
- Capability - capability development
- Operations - operational decisions
- Diversity & Inclusion champion
- Leading a team of HR specialists/ learning and development and D&I champions
- Global Mobility collaboration / partnership
- High visibility and engagement is an expectation of the role
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call Thoughtworks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!