Are you inspired to teach foundational skills in technology and practices to budding engineers and also influence a community of trainers?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Our entry-level engineers jumpstart their ThoughtWorks career with a 6-week remote training program called NEEV (Nurturing Engineers in Excellence and Values), focused on tech practices, consulting skills and cultural integration. As a NEEV Trainer, you would be shaping the next generation of budding engineers to imagine their future with ThoughtWorks and add value to their teams from the get-go.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Pushing for excellence in trainees
- Facilitating dialogues with trainees related to coding assignments, technical discussions in chat rooms, lightning talks and personal interests
- Being a support system for trainees in their individual growth path
- Regularly assessing training content, keeping an eye out for improvements and tweaks on an iterative basis
- Owning the delivery of training batches
- Collaborating with other ELP tracks for support and cross-pollination
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years of experience in software development or technical training areas or both
- Strong delivery experience in Object Oriented Programming + Domain Driven Design
- Willing to explore teaching in the Socratic Method
- Experience conveying nuances of OO design and tradeoffs
- Experience in conducting code reviews and technical interviews
- Experience working with the latest technology being used in the industry
- Experience in training design and delivery is highly preferred
- Passion to mentor and support trainees by creating a psychologically safe place to explore and learn together