If you are reading this, you are probably not new to recruiting but may be new to the way Thoughtworks approaches recruiting. Thoughtworks’ aim is quite simple; recruit and retain seriously talented people who want to add business value on high technology projects.
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As a Senior Recruiter, you will be knowledgeable across a variety of deeply technical (and non technical) roles from new graduates through to Principal level-types and able to walk candidates through the process to an offer. You will develop and execute local sourcing strategies. You’ll be at the helm of recruiting in your market and everyone will be looking to you for direction. You care about the candidate experience and will work with our Recruiting Coordinators to ensure that each candidate comes away with a positive experience with us.
At Thoughtworks, we don’t have hiring managers! Our recruiters are experts in their field, advising their business stakeholders with knowledge of the market and recruiting best practices. They articulate the risks and benefits of each hire to make informed hiring decisions. We take risks, but it’s your job to make sure we know exactly what those are for each potential hire.
Here's what you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and sourcing
- Ability to take personal accountability for delivering outcomes. This includes personal follow through, making and defending difficult decisions and tradeoffs, removing blockers, and driving collective progress
- Team attitude. It takes a village and we are not looking for lone rangers.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous situations
- Great rapport-building and interviewing skills
- A consultative and strategic mindset that views recruiting as a business function, not an order-taker
- Strong understanding of Web 2.0/social networking and its impact on/usefulness for recruiting
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain strong people networks
- Experience using creative methods to source highly sought-after after technical talent
- Desire to work with a values-driven organization that seeks to change the face of IT
- Belief in the power of technology as a tool for positive social change and commitment to building a more equitable and inclusive future for all technologists
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.