Software Developers collaborate with Business and Quality Analysts, Designers, Project Managers and more to design software solutions that will create meaningful change for our clients. They listen thoughtfully to understand the context of a business problem and write clean and iterative code to deliver a powerful end result. By balancing strong opinions with a willingness to find the right answer, Software Developers bring integrity to technology, ensuring all voices are heard.
Our entry-level consultants jumpstart their careers with the First Year Graduate Experience: our year-long program that starts with Thoughtworks University, an immersive three-week training, plus monthly sessions dedicated to specific topics. And it’s important to call out that we consider tech talent from all walks of life. Whether you’re a Computer Science major with less than one year of professional experience, a coding boot camp graduate or a career changer who is working toward becoming a software developer, you have the opportunity to grow in our community of passionate technologists.
- You will pair to write clean and iterative code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design and pair programming
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences and create meaningful change for a variety of clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our Technology Radar to solve client problems
- Tackle a variety of challenges for clients of all industries, while collaborating with new teammates from diverse backgrounds
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience working as a developer
- You understand analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- You thrive in a collaborative, flat environment that values transparency, openness, feedback and change
- You have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge as well as a desire to create meaningful solutions for business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. Over the last 25+ years, we've delivered extraordinary impact together with our clients by helping them solve complex business problems with technology as the differentiator. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries and deliver extraordinary impact together.
Thoughtworks has a full time remote policy, which states that any Thoughtworker will be able to work from home indefinitely anywhere in Spain. Due to COVID-19 our offices in Barcelona and Madrid are partially open to provide support to employees who require more space and facilities than they have at home. Once this situation improves and following government's recommendations, our offices will be fully opened for anyone who might be interested in working from the offices. Please don't hesitate to speak with your recruiter about any requirements or concerns you may have.