Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
In Workspaces (TechOps) we do more than just IT support. We are a team of passionate and forward thinking people, who work closely with our stakeholders to determine and execute strategies to enable consultants, clients and guests to work effectively - in our offices and on client sites.
We have very ambitious plans for our team and need the right people on board to deliver projects and develop a vision on how we define the idea of an office in the future, using the latest tech. We’re looking for someone who is self motivated, eager to learn and is as happy both autonomously leading a project & collaborating within a team. You’ll need to be organised and able to prioritise local tasks with regional projects.
As most of our team and offices are distributed, you will travel to other offices, predominantly within Spain but also occasionally in Europe.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Take care of all on site infrastructure (Access - AV - Security systems)
- Coordinate with People & Recruiting teams for new hires
- Pair with Demand team for new clients and planning current team needs
- Grant that we comply with the infosec policies
- Get involved in build outs and office operations
- Ensure Thoughtworkers have excellent customer support
- Innovation - Continuous improvement of our current systems
- Be involved in regional/global initiatives
- Provide support to our offices across Europe
Here's what we are looking for:
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot hardware issues
- Familiarity of Macs
- Knowledge of Windows and/ or Linux
- Understanding importance of Information security
- Experience using and supporting video conferencing
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks with context switching
- Proactive in sharing knowledge and collaborating
- Excellent spoken and written English
Thoughtworks has a full time remote policy, which states that any Thoughtworker will be able to work from home indefinitely anywhere in Spain. Having said that, the nature of this position requires occasional presence in the office (Madrid or Barcelona) so the candidate that will fill this vacancy must be based in one of those cities or be comfortable to travel there when needed.
Due to COVID-19 our offices are partially open to provide support to employees who require more space and facilities than they have at home. Once this situation improves and following government's recommendations, our offices will be fully opened for anyone who might be interested in working from the offices.
Please don't hesitate to speak with your recruiter about any requirements or concerns you may have.