Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
We are seeking a Technical Principal with experience in the retail/e-commerce space to directly guide the technical strategy for some of our biggest retail clients. This person will lead/guide a team of technologists to build custom, best-in-class, solutions, explore ways to improve business relevance for customers and help us influence and shape our client portfolio.
There's no typical day or engagement for our Principal Consultants. You might spend a few weeks with a new client or be full-time on a delivery project for 12 months. It's varied and you thrive on these different challenges. Our teams work on a huge variety of projects; you could be helping a retail giant rethink their technology strategy one day and working on an app for a new type of payment. We often work alongside our customers, providing a mix of delivery and consulting services.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of technical experience and a thorough understanding of different architectures, tools & languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, Swift, Python, Scala or Clojure
- 10+years eCommerce domain experience, either in building custom solutions or integrating with headless or COTS solutions like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, or SAP.
- You are a practitioner of Domain driven design
- Can guide consulting clients through today's significant technical challenges
- You have the credibility and gravitas to operate to work closely with our demand team on pre-sales
- Be a trusted advisor to C-level executives to define and deliver the technical strategy
- You love coding. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep your coding skills from getting too rusty and we expect that you'll have had exposure to recent technologies
- You have a rich breadth of experience and are equally comfortable talking financial projections or business process modeling as you are about advocating for TDD
This role may be for you if:
- You really understand the business context of the challenges that organizations face and distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Leadership is not something you do from far away, you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.