Senior Mobile Developers act as the primary point of contact for our clients, ensuring that teams are successful in their delivery. In this role, you will bring a strategic mindset to projects and spend time negotiating with clients to bring a technical vision to life. Having a balance of high-level and tactical mindsets is a must, as you will spend time both with clients and your teammates.
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will design solutions and choose technologies that solve clients' problems while staying within constraints
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences and create meaningful change for a variety of clients
- Utilise the latest technology thinking from our Technology Radar in your work
- Apply a variety of languages to your work and continue to code alongside Developers; you will never go post-technical in this role
- You have demonstrated experience building new mobile application experiences for iOS and/or Android platforms
- You're well-versed in Swift, Swift UI (iOS) or Kotlin (Android) with at least 6 years of experience and comfortable with Object-Oriented technology
- You have led software development teams using Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as TDD, continuous integration, pairing and infrastructure automation
- We would love it if you're up to speed on functional programming paradigms and languages like Clojure, Scala, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes
- You have experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value
- You will act as a mentor for less experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and ability to inspire a team to deliver extraordinary impact together
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You're willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business needs
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Commitment to Disability Inclusion
Thoughtworks are committed to being an inclusive & accessible workplace employer of choice for all including those living with disability.
What's on offer
Our goal is to equip you with career defining experiences, to help you to grow professionally and personally, and to foster a community where you feel you belong. We're committed to making Thoughtworkers an employer of choice, and we offer a wide variety of benefits to support the teams' advancement, their health and wellbeing. If you're ready to find your home at Thoughtworks, click to apply now (even if you don't feel like you tick all the boxes).
Date Posted: 05-09-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Thanks for your interest in joining Thoughtworks. A member of our Recruiting team will review your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, check out our Consultant Life page to learn more about the extraordinary impact Thoughtworkers make on clients, the tech industry and each other.
Please note that we value privacy: all information submitted to us via your online application will be kept confidential to Thoughtworks.