Join the new kid on the block!
Thoughtworks, the global technology consulting firm, is now in Helsinki, and we're looking for curious minds to be part of the growth journey! This is a great opportunity to join our crew and make your mark on the future of Thoughtworks Finland and the global organization. Our current team consists of amazingly talented data science & machine learning consultants, data engineers & architects as well as strategic business designers so you'd be surrounded by a group of diverse talent to work and share experiences with. And yep - previously you might have heard of us by the brand Fourkind, as Fourkind is now part of Thoughtworks!
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy that aims to deliver extraordinary impact through technology. Our mission is to create a positive impact on the world through the client work we do, by revolutionizing the industry and by building an organization and culture that is diverse and inclusive by nature. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. In this role you’d for example automate decision making through the use of classical optimization methods or implement reinforcement learning models to solve dynamic pricing and recommendation problems, or even build completely new products with simulations and generative models not to mention using CV and NLP to extract relevant information from data to build actual real-world solutions. All in all, you’d have the opportunity to build end-to-end production level solutions from scratch that make an impact and create value globally.
Why should you apply?
Come thrive in an impact driven environment and a group of bright minded, diverse talent in a culture that celebrates tackling problems others claim unsolvable. This is a genuine opportunity to be the one bringing Data Science models to life in real world business cases. So far we’ve done anything from saving our client 0,5M€ in the first month of using our optimization solution to revolutionizing cash management with real time cloud-based interfaces to creating the world’s first AI-whiskey and automating massive real-time data collection around a ML powered dynamic pricing solution. What would you like to do next?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Work with the client to discover, design, architect and deliver data-driven solutions to solve real-world business problems.
- Engage with various business units and stakeholders to answer key strategic questions and identify a way forward.
- Develop core ML algorithms (optimization, nlp, generative models, recommendations, reinforcement learning, predictive maintenance, etc).
- Produce production quality code and architecture.
- Work with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure & Google Cloud Platform
- Operate databases, real-time data streaming and data processing.
- Work with scalable API development and data visualization.
- Develop and operate modern data science and machine learning approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end-to-end data solutions
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Genuine enthusiasm in discovering and advising clients on how to solve their toughest business problems with intelligent solutions.
- Generalist mindset with specialist level skills in creating ML models and production quality code.
- Programming experience with expertise in Python frameworks (sklearn, scipy, numpy, pandas, etc).
- Experience developing cloud-based infrastructure/applications and supporting technologies, including AWS, Terraform, and Docker.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive or Pig, or even graph database specific methods
- Experience creating testing automation frameworks to ensure data ingestion and model quality while delivering solutions.
This is the opportunity to join a tight crew of bright minds and contribute to growing our business in Finland with the support of a global organisation. Get in touch with us directly for more info or apply now!