A Business Development Manager at Thoughtworks is responsible for developing a pipeline of new opportunities, securing those opportunities and helping establish the early relationship with the client.
We engage with senior business and technology stakeholders within our clients, so you will have a track record of engaging at a c-suite level, using a consultative selling approach to maximise the customer outcomes from engaging with Thoughtworks.
- Knowledge of selling custom software services and the teams required to execute on projects
- The ability to develop a territory plan, and a pipeline of new clients and client engagements
- Proactively create propositions that address organisation's relevant challenges in collaboration with other members of Thoughtworks
- Experience engaging with C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level
- Able to qualify and identify the right opportunities
- Ability to multitask and identify the right opportunities
- Ability to multitask and prioritise accounts
- Hunger and desire to exceed target goals
- Ability to negotiate and persuade; wins the trust of senior executives to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrable strong work ethic and has an internal motivation to succeed
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
What's on offer
- All Thoughtworkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books
- Other benefits include a large network of mentors and coaches, generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, a monthly health and wellness allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches
Date Posted: 09-16-2022
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.