Do you want to help shape the value proposition and strategy for enterprises on their journey to the cloud?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
As a AWS SME, you will provide strategic leadership on a specific cloud-based engagement, establishing and maintaining trusted advisor status through high-impact client interaction. By empowering Thoughtworker teams, you will continuously deliver undeniable value to our clients, contributing to the growth and scale of our evolving business.
You will be responsible for the following as a AWS SME:
- Driving evolution of our cloud strategy framework.
- Implement and advocate best cloud practices and architectural approaches for enterprise modernization projects.
- Define technical direction and roadmap for cloud migrations and manage the implementation and technical solutions.
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture across diverse areas including application development, identity and access management, network and data management, security, monitoring and observability and commercial aspects of the solution.
- Anchor the workshops end to end on cloud-related technical topics with the client.
- Build relationships with the business stakeholders and delivery teams to shape solutions that deliver business outcomes.
- Hands on experience of capacity management for all tiers across multiple applications.
- Collaboration with large enterprise teams to ensure integrated and secure end to end design.
- Experience in setting up cloud governance.
- Exposure to serverless architecture patterns.
- Advise the clients on cloud adoption framework and cloud economics.
- Extensive project experience in deploying complex cloud-based solutions.
- Should have a high level of proficiency with AWS.
- Has hands-on experience of Kubernetes deployments, and Docker.
- Has experience in setting up CI/CD processes/ pipelines.
- Proficient in Infrastructure as code with at least one of: Terraform, ARM template or Cloud formation.
- Experience of playing a strategic role in architecting all cloud systems including front end platforms, servers, storage and network management.
- Experience with metrics, monitoring and alerting tools.
- Scripting experience in one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, Go, PowerShell.
- Should have experience of working closely with IT security to design cloud security architecture.
- Design and implement a multi tier architecture solution that is highly available, fault tolerant using Cloud platform services.
- Experience with Microservices, Functions, Event-driven/reactive programming or other Cloud Native architectures.
- Experience in analysing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues on cloud hosted applications.
- Experience in reviewing and implementing DevOps and Agile standards and practices.