Want to work in an inclusive, supportive environment where you can freely voice your ideas and opinions?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
What happens when you have fascinating clients with challenging problems on the one hand and passionate software developers looking to build future-focused solutions on the other? This in-between is where Business Analysts reside, acting as a bridge between the client and team. You will spend time determining what outcomes software must achieve, assessing how it will be used, and then generating bold ideas with our developers to create custom applications. You will work with clients across a variety of sectors and ensure the business-critical software solutions we develop deliver real business value every time.
Our Graduate Consultants jumpstart their careers with a trip to Thoughtworks University (TWU): a five-week training program in India or China (three weeks virtual at present). When you return home, our Graduate Experience Lead will provide continual on-boarding support to help you settle into ThoughtWorks.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will co-facilitate workshops that generate customised business solutions
- You will work in agile teams that facilitate organisational transformations for clients
- Collaborate with teammates on the analysis and design of complex business applications using the latest technologies
- Tackle a variety of challenges for clients of all industries, while collaborating with new teammates from diverse backgrounds
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have less than 12 months professional experience as a Business Analyst
- You have a practical approach to the day-to-day work of story-writing and delivery, and can draw a line directly from an overarching client strategy to your team’s outcomes
- You enjoy unearthing the root cause(s) of a client’s pain points, validating a business opportunity or problem and partnering to deliver a solution
- You thrive when you’re leading a workshop or facilitating a learning session
- You have a knack for prioritisation, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You’re resilient and flexible in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from technical and business perspectives
- You have a genuine passion for quality software and the know-how to get from sketch to code
To apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter. We would love to learn a bit more about you and understand why you can't wait to be a Thoughtworker.
We are currently only recruiting for our next intake of the 2022 program which will start in May.
Applications close 14th February 2022
At time of application candidates need to hold Australian/ New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency. Documentation will be requested during the recruitment process.