In the past 18 months, the Global Partnerships team has been championing the vision for establishing Thoughtworks partnerships, which has successfully generated new revenue channels, activities, and interests around the globe. More recently, the EGLT has prioritized Partnerships and all countries have been engaged to participate in the programme.
In order to increase our impact on clients by leveraging our partnerships with key cloud providers, the time has come for an additional member of the Partnerships team, a Learning and Development Specialist, to focus on scaling the diversification of our capabilities through formal accreditation and recognition.
This role will directly report to Global Partnerships, with a dotted line to Global Talent Development. In this role you will have the opportunity to help design the training and overall learning strategy to upskill Thoughtworkers in Cloud technologies across all Tw countries.
To be successful in this role you will need to be proactive, able to work independently but collaboratively, manage different stakeholders, while looking for ways to continuously improve TWers' learning experience related to Partnerships engagements.
What are the responsibilities and expectations of this role?
- First level point of contact for learning-related requirements within the scope of cloud partnerships
- Conduct needs analysis across regions and design the learning roadmap to meet critical business requirements
- Design practical learning solutions and resources while partnering with Subject Matter Experts to transfer relevant knowledge and tools into practical learning resources for Twers (learning courses, plans, reference guides and tools)
- Implement end-to-end learning solutions (e.g. administrative support, program coordination and roll-out)
- Be the liaison between Partnerships, Global Talent Development and Regional L&D Leads to implement designed solutions
- Operationalization of selected AWS learning pathways & integration into TW systems
- For cloud partnerships: Assessment of AWS and Google training opportunities
- Beyond cloud partnership: anticipate talent needs and create learning programs based on growth strategy
- Evaluate learning against program measures, analyze feedback and adjust materials and methods as appropriate
- Tracking and driving adoption of learning solutions
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team to meet the program goals & initiatives
- Establish a stable learning strategy and roadmap and stay within this space for at least 18-24 months before considering role change within the organization
Like most roles at Thoughtworks, you’re encouraged to shape the role to best meet the program objectives.
Some experiences you will get from this work:
- Experience in enabling a strategic change program across TW
- Global operational view
- Working with TWs global ThoughtLeaders and SMEs
- Grow learning & capability development skills and experience
What kinds of skills, attitudes, and experiences would one need to bring, to be an ideal fit for this role?
- Be passionate about all things learning
- Experience in designing technical training solutions
- Creative thinking skills to approach constraints and challenges with fresh perspectives and a willingness to experiment
- Background in designing multi-format learning (classroom and online) materials, especially for delivery across remote locations is useful, but not essential
- Good English communication skills
- Knowledge on how to make material accessible to people of different abilities & in different languages is helpful
- Enabling the regions to most effectively implement the program (process/tools) as well as encourage and harvest regional innovations
- Self-motivation and organisation. The work is in a small, supportive, distributed team. In keeping with a global role, meetings can be at odd hours, and you need drive to keep stuff moving