Join the new kid on the block!
Thoughtworks, the global technology consulting firm, is now growing an office in Amsterdam and looking for curious minds to be part of the growth journey! This is a great opportunity to join our crew and make your mark on the future of Thoughtworks Netherlands and the global organization. Amsterdam's current team consists of amazingly talented data science & machine learning consultants and experience designers so you'd be surrounded by a group of diverse talent to work and share experiences with.
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy that aims to deliver extraordinary impact through technology. Our mission is to create a positive impact on the world through the client work we do, by revolutionizing the industry and by building an organization and culture that is diverse and inclusive by nature. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Why should you apply?
Come thrive in an impact driven environment and a group of bright minded, diverse talent in a culture that celebrates tackling problems others claim unsolvable. Instead of just designing and talking about it, this is the opportunity to be the one bringing Data Science models to life in real world business cases through the magnificent art of (data) engineering. So far we’ve done anything from saving our client 0,5M€ in the first month of using our optimization solution to revolutionizing cash management with real time cloud-based interfaces to creating the world’s first AI-whiskey and automating massive real-time data collection around a ML powered dynamic pricing solution. What would you like to do next?
Our Data Engineers develop modern data architecture approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end-to-end data solutions. You might spend a few weeks with a new client on a deep technical review or a complete organizational review, helping them to understand the potential that data brings to solve their most pressing problems. On other projects, you might be acting as the architect, leading the design of technical solutions, or perhaps overseeing a program inception to build a new product. It could also be a software delivery project where you're equally happy coding and tech-leading the team to implement the solution.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Work with the client to discover, design, architect and deliver data-driven solutions to solve real-world business problems.
- Partner with teammates to create complex data processing pipelines in order to solve our clients’ most ambitious business challenges
- Collaborate strongly with Data Scientists in order to design scalable and production proof implementations of their models
- Write clean and iterative code
- Build scalable production level solutions, using docker, kubernetes or such, preferably use also infrastructure as a code tools such as terraform or cloudformation
- Work with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure & Google Cloud Platform
- Navigating and querying databases
- Leverage various continuous delivery practices to deploy, support and operate data pipelines
- Advise and educate clients on how to use different distributed storage and computing technologies from the plethora of options available
- Develop and operate modern data architecture approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end-to-end data solutions
- Create data models and speak to the tradeoffs of different modeling approaches
- Seamlessly incorporate data quality into your day-to-day work as well as into the delivery process
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have built large-scale cloud-based data pipelines and data-centric applications
- You’re knowledgeable in cloud infrastructure and cloud native solutions
- Expertise in streaming & batch processing as well as data warehousing
- Hands on experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud platform
- You have a good understanding of data modelling and experience with data engineering tools and platforms such as Kafka, Spark, and Hadoop
- You are comfortable taking data-driven approaches and applying data security strategy to solve business problems
- You’re genuinely excited about data infrastructure and operations with a familiarity working in cloud environments
- Working with data excites you: you can build and operate data pipelines, and maintain data storage, all within distributed systems
- Assure effective collaboration between Thoughtworks’ and the client’s teams, encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes
This is the opportunity to join a tight crew of bright minds and actually contribute in building up our business in the Netherlands with the support of a global organisation. We are proud to be presenting the Data & AI Service Line at Thoughtworks and have already done some cool and impactful projects world wide. Get in touch with us directly for more info or apply now!
Here at Thoughtworks, we take your privacy seriously. We only process your personal data for recruiting purposes. You can read more about candidate privacy in our Privacy notice.