Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy. Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant (timely!), build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines.
We connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our client’s technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. The dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us!
Location: You can work from one of our offices in Bucharest, Iasi or Cluj-Napoca, or remotely from Romania.
You’ll spend time on the following:
You will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and operation of business-critical features. Best practices, evangelization, and mentoring in your team and across the whole of Engineering will be part of your day to day job.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients.
- Participate in requirements analysis to help with providing the right technical and business solutions for our customer
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have solid background in NodeJS & Typescript. On the front-end you're a natural using React
- Comfortability with Agile methods
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- Presence in the external tech community: you proactively share your expertise with others via speaking engagements, contributions to open source, blogs and more
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call ThoughtWorks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!