How would you leverage your technical expertise to create extraordinary impact for our clients?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. They leverage their deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess their team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
If you would like to…
- Work with all kinds of crazy developers, Business Analysts and demanding clients to design and build new features.
- Pairing with UX designers to build out design concepts and interactive prototypes
- Pairing with developers to ensure that the presentation layer is implemented in accordance with best above best practices and UX specifications
- Produce clean, semantic HTML and CSS, agonizing along the way for pixel perfection.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- Make things shrink, twist, rotate, run across the page and fade (tastefully).
- Build simple, blindingly simple interfaces and believe that writing maintainable CSS goes beyond good class names.
- Believe that disabled and visually challenged users have a right to use the web as easily as everyone else.
- You believe that Agile and UI development can coexist.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant front-end development experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Angular or React framework.
- Experience in writing semantic HTML5 components.
- Strong understanding of Web Accessibility.
- Exposure to client side templating engines like handlebar, mustache, jade, haml etc.
- Experience in:
- Writing modular CSS with frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation.
- CSS preprocessor like SASS, SCSS, LESS, stylus etc.
- Creating mobile-first experiences, should understand how responsive layout works.
- Knowledge of OOCSS / Atomic design is good to have.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience in writing Unit tests following TDD using any testing framework like Jasmine, Protractor etc.
- Working knowledge of node, build tools like requireJS/browserify/webpack and task runners like Grunt/Gulp is good to have.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration tools.
If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please apply online. We want to hear from you!