Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
The role focuses on planning and performing assurance reviews of the IT General Controls (ITGCs) for SOX in compliance with global regulatory reporting requirements/ best practices to address IT risks.
You will be expected to execute IT SOX compliance engagements including, testing internal control design and operating effectiveness, providing guidance to process owners, rationalizing controls, and proactively communicating/tracking control improvement opportunities to completion.
This role should work with the business and also ensure Tech follows the required internal and external compliance standards and delivers a reduction in the overall risk profile for Thoughtworks.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Facilitation of internal and external audits. Handling and delivering audits per the audit plan.
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders for disseminating and or gathering information required to perform audit duties.
- Understanding the business processes, working with the business leaders to comply with SOX controls and other compliance requirements, as required
- Manage and/or conduct test procedures, compile audit findings, document and communicate remediation plans and complete work papers for SOX ITGC & other standards/frameworks.
- Collaborate with both internal team members and external auditors to ensure that cohesive communications and requests are delivered to application teams and stakeholders.
- Perform control testing and derive metrics to substantiate the operating effectiveness of the control framework.
- Working closely and sharing audit outcomes with the stakeholders and tracking issue remediation for effective closure.
Here’s what we’re looking for :
- Experience in IT Audit / Risk Management.
- A proven record in ITGC is essential with equivalent work experience of at least 6+ years
- Experience in auditing against regulatory requirements including SOX
- Proven analytical skills to assess IT risks in business/IT processes and recommend appropriate improvement plans to mitigate the IT risks
- The role demands direct interaction with various teams, high accountability and ownership, strength to drive the project and strong people/partner leadership skills
- CISA certification a plus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment taking up multiple responsibilities.
- Experience in interpreting policies, procedures and processes for ensuring compliance
- Good understanding of emerging technology risks eg cloud (SAAS, PAAS and IAAS), Automation etc