How would you leverage your technical expertise to create extraordinary impact for our clients?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. You will leverage deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess your team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
You’ll spend time on the following:
You will be part of a highly driven and collaborative team. You will work with the best minds in the Digital Transformation & Operations service line to brainstorm, experiment, fail-safe, and succeed in your journey of enabling the world to create better software!
- Primary and secondary market research and technology landscape analysis on wide ranging topics
- Co-creation of strategies and plans that define how technology should be utilized to enable an organization's overall business strategy.
- Applies knowledge of best practices to define how technology will shape the overall strategy, architecture, governance, organization structure/staffing, and processes to maximize the impact of technology for clients.
- Maintains knowledge of evolving trends in technology strategy and management and applies those to develop innovative approaches to deliver value for the organization.
- Maximize business technology value by conducting rigorous analyses and developing strategic multi-year road maps in concert with client IT leaders and business teams.
- Engage with clients to understand their transformation needs by doing current state assessments and enable them in this transformation journey
- Work with clients to design an approach, create transformation roadmaps as per client context, involve & influence the necessary stakeholders to partner, conduct workshops/training as needed to enable change, create change agents, incremental roll outs with faster feedbacks, define & measure success
- Work with the advisory teams, do exploration to develop our POV and build technology strategy
- Build capability in technology strategy advisory internally and develop this offering.
- Analyse the existing engagements and look out for opportunities to provide technology strategy offering
- Coach and build skills for people who are passionate in this capability offering
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of total industry experience with proven experience in driving business technology transformations with strong strategy, program and change management skills
- Practical experience of implementing and driving technology strategy and transformation
- Ability to understand the business vision in-depth and to be able to break it down into strategic goals & initiatives, and develop and align complementing technology strategy
- Be able to identify, understand, track the engagement impact and articulate to senior stakeholders through business value & outcomes. Have experience in handling large programs with effective planning, managing capacity, identifying integration points, bringing alignment among various teams, mitigating risks and effective communication to varied stakeholders with relevance and context
- Strong experience in creating detailed execution plans with roadmaps, milestones, tracking progress, RAIDs, articulating the impact & overall program health, setting up an efficient governance model to ensure that the strategic program objectives are met
- Must have demonstrated strong experience in engaging with executive stakeholders at different levels, understanding their landscape, resolve conflicts, deliver strategic benefits and build credibility
- Comfort with ambiguous, ever-changing situations
- Strong experience in building partnership with clients by bringing in alignment on a shared vision, collaborating & communicating well to foster the engagement and drive desired outcomes
- Have experience in designing small pilot programs by defining clear outcomes to do a feasibility study, validate hypothesis and to reveal implementation challenges at large scale
- Ability to drive technology transformation programs by designing and executing an implementation strategy that works at scale by defining the roadmap, milestones and measure the progress & impact of change
- Strong ability to drive the change through emotional intelligence, persistent efforts, empathy, handling uncertainty, curious & open mind, shifting gears comfortably, adapt to and influencing change to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS or Azure or GCP), large-scale distributed systems out of microservices and Big Data analytics
- Experience in leading or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- Interest in developing thought leadership, blogs and articles