Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
At Thoughtworks, we help our clients become stronger, modern digital businesses by shaping and delivering the right transformative change for them. The imperative to build world-class software has never gone away, but in 2021 it is often not the main problem to be solved. Now businesses are focused on their strategy, their operating model, the human dimensions of those elements found in their culture, plus rapid product development, innovation, measurement of outcomes, service design, productivity and resilience.
Our Digital Transformation & Operations Team (DTO), help our clients solve their most complex business and technology problems, formulate and deliver strategies that re-imagine business models and remove the barriers between technology and 'the business', enabling increased organisational responsiveness and resilience.
Is a role in DTO for you?
- Are you passionate about Technology, Modern Operating Models, and Digital Transformation that shapes and builds modern digital businesses?
- Do you love solving complex problems and designing elegant solutions?
- Do you embrace change in the pursuit of continuous improvement?
- Do you believe that in today's world, technology is the enabler and the organisation is the constraint to the delivery of real customer value?
- Do you believe that real change is an individual journey that can be informed by others' experiences but can't simply be a replica of someone else's model?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Build relationships and advise executives on how to build modern digital businesses - from strategy through to execution.
- Be the ambassador of Thoughtworks' latest business and technology thinking to solve our client's most complex problems.
- Help shape the Digital Transformation & Operations service line, creating new offerings, points of view and strategies based on client feedback and market trends.
- Take ownership and accountability beyond individual deliverables, constantly pushing the envelope to deliver excellent results for our clients.
- Support recruiting activities, ensuring we select the best candidates in terms of technical skills and their alignment with our culture.
- Support the demand processes in a pre-sales capacity, creating proposals and shaping engagements for clients.
Here's what we're looking for:
Thoughtworkers share a common set of values and characteristics and bring their experience to drive innovation and customer value by applying the following:
- Broad understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging trends and experience managing technology-enabled business change
- Passion for bridging the technology and business divide
- Ability to build senior relationships, driving change at the intersection of technology and business
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- System thinking, adapting and solving challenges holistically incorporate multiple interests and perspectives from business, technology and other sources.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to pragmatically challenge and define funding models which improve the flow of value
- Curious, empathetic and resilient in ambiguous situations, approaching challenges from multiple perspectives
- Broad understanding of Agile and Lean principles and practices with a passion for improving the flow of value to customers
- Ability to conceptualise the business capabilities, processes and structures required to plan and deliver technology-led business change
- Experience in Financial Services, Technology, Media, Telecommunications and Government would be an advantage
- Experience as a mid to senior-level management consultant or a technology executive role would be an advantage
- Travel is expected in this role in order to meet the needs of our customers
We are a community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is in our DNA and is a core part of our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We are honoured to have been awarded as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and are proud to say that 48% of Thoughtworks Australia identify as women, in an industry where the norm is much lower. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As Thoughtworkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.
What's on offer
Thoughtworks offers a community-oriented environment centred around learning, sharing, growing and feedback. All Thoughtworkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books.
Our large network of mentors and coaches provide a supportive environment to connect with the Thoughtworks' community, as well as the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Other benefits include a generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches as a chance to connect with each other each week.
If you’d like to find your home at Thoughtworks, please apply.